ECUTek

Seminole81

Probably locked by the original mapper, don't worry too much about it, open source will save you some money but won't have as much support, what are you looking at carberry ? @mfnick was running it on his blob sti pushing 360bhp with no problems

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not convinced tbh , it could've just been his car doing whack stuff. I've never heard of that happening to anyone else before. I'm running ecu Tek it's great flat shift , changeable maps , launch mode , on some of the newer cars you can get an app for your phone and put it in valet mode and alter maps all remotely by your phone it's clever stuff

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

I'm not convinced tbh , it could've just been his car doing whack stuff. I've never heard of that happening to anyone else before. I'm running ecu Tek it's great flat shift , changeable maps , launch mode , on some of the newer cars you can get an app for your phone and put it in valet mode and alter maps all remotely by your phone it's clever stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be cool...flat shifting and launch will just eat through my (I think) stock clutch and anti lag will destroy the stock turbo. At least until I do upgrade haha.

I just downloaded the one off the Tactrix website there, but I was looking at ECUEdit as well...like you said, support seems to be lacking though...

TBH I personally don't play around with that sort of stuff I leave that to the professionals, so I'm not very clued up on the different programs and what they do , although there are many people that used those sorts of programs and do everything on there own with great results , I know of rom raider but I think you can only turn off cell lights and stuff like that not sure ., and you always run the risk of you could flash the ecu and fry the ecu and the car could never start again, and it won't even be your fault , that's why I leave it to someone else so if the worst happens it's their problem lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

TBH I personally don't play around with that sort of stuff I leave that to the professionals, so I'm not very clued up on the different programs and what they do , although there are many people that used those sorts of programs and do everything on there own with great results , I know of rom raider but I think you can only turn off cell lights and stuff like that not sure ., and you always run the risk of you could flash the ecu and fry the ecu and the car could never start again, and it won't even be your fault , that's why I leave it to someone else so if the worst happens it's their problem lol

Know what you mean. Yeah RomRaider is another one. I known EvoTune in Durham run ECUEdit and charge about £100 less than everywhere else it seems and they run on a proper dyno as well, mind that doesn't include a speed density test, which I'm assuming the others would? He reckons it's pointless putting ECUTek on because you can do everything that ECUTek can do with OpenSource. Says he can put them on, but AntiLag will just eat the stock turbo, and launch control will just destroy the stock clutch so it's kind of pointless at the moment he said. His name was Jamie.

Mine has ECUTek and I've not had a problem. Yes it was locked so had to go to a garage that use it to have it altered, but at the end of the day, I'm not into changing the set up on a daily basis or am I looking to go on a track. So for me it's perfect. Like kershaw said I leave that to the professionals. If I change/upgrade a part I'll ring engine tuner first and then get them to tweet it. And they give me all the support I need. But if I was looking at lots of track days etc and had more knowledge then open source would be a better option.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:14 PM, kershaw-330s said:

Know what you mean. Yeah RomRaider is another one. I known EvoTune in Durham run ECUEdit and charge about £100 less than everywhere else it seems and they run on a proper dyno as well, mind that doesn't include a speed density test, which I'm assuming the others would? He reckons it's pointless putting ECUTek on because you can do everything that ECUTek can do with OpenSource. Says he can put them on, but AntiLag will just eat the stock turbo, and launch control will just destroy the stock clutch so it's kind of pointless at the moment he said. His name was Jamie.

Anyone know if our cars can use the app to have multiple maps etc. easily changeable with ECUTek? The demo shows a GTR

17 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

I don't know about your car , But with open source will you get changeable maps and flat shift etc, you do pay a premium for the ecu Tek software in the first place but I would say it's worth it.

But what exactly makes it worth it is what I'm asking. From what I'm seeing, OpenSource can do everything ECUTek can do...aside from the app, but I'm assuming that's not available for our cars from what I've seen...mind according to ECUTek website, map switching, launch control, boost control, custom parameters, and ECM Reset aren't available for 2004+ Subaru's... 

1 hour ago, Seminole81 said:

But what exactly makes it worth it is what I'm asking. From what I'm seeing, OpenSource can do everything ECUTek can do...aside from the app, but I'm assuming that's not available for our cars from what I've seen...mind according to ECUTek website, map switching, launch control, boost control, custom parameters, and ECM Reset aren't available for 2004+ Subaru's... 

open source software is typically hacked ecutek anyway, but the advantage of ecutek is if something happens unexpected then you (or mapper) can ring ecutek to discuss, my old hawk for example, kept getting a phantom fault code to do with MAF over volt. Was checked and totaly fine, but the code kept coming up, with opensource your stuffed, no technical backup. Phone call to ecutek and a software revision later and problem solved. I believe that revision is now part of the Ecutek software so all benefit of the upgrade. Also Ecutek software is regularly patched, updated and glitches sorted out. Opensource just doesn't get that.

At the end of the day they do the same job, but depends what you want.