Forums dead?

00mike00

Hi all,

Signed up yesterday and noticed "discussions" aren't exactly flourishing. One or two replies on topics and threads stop dead.

Is the forum quiet for a reason or do you have to wait a few days for replies and input? 

I think most forums tend to get quieter during the summer months ,as everyone's out cleaning or driving their scoobs in the sun . Well unless theres a show or meet happening soon 😊

I'm a member of a few forum's and clubs and have to admit that f.b pages seem to have taken some people away from forum's.  Don't get me wrong some of the local f.b pages are busy but i prefer this forum myself , as there's not any trolls and a nice friendly core of active users .

Plus discussions and threads seem to get buried on f.b with "what oil" or " do i need a remap if i fit this " threads .

Sign of the tines. Traffic flow on forums is down across the board. Fb and a drop in  owner numbers has hit scoob scene hard 😞

this site has fits a bursts so keep an eye on it, its got a good bunch of folks on here.

Yeah that makes sense. I didn't want to come across rude or anything but I'm a member of a couple of forums and it's really handy getting replies within a couple hours at least.

Should I join a group on FB then? 

Thanks guys

No problem bud , its frustrating for the core members too 😉

I've not been as active with answering in the tech section lately as I've had a lot going on .

I even joined a f.b page for "Subaru mechanics" but hardly bother posting on there anymore due to the missinformation that's given and amount of trolls .

If you've got a query have you tried using the search function? 

As most topics have been covered on here at some point .

I'LL have a look through the tech section now and see if you've put up any posts i can help with 

I also have been taking advantage of the great weather, however I have recently joined a FB group and whilst it is active I find it harder to navigate and search for information vs a forum so a lot of questions get repeated quite regularly.

So do prefer the forum approach myself given the choice

Aww thanks mate,
How's things ? The wee man doing alright ?

Hopefully will be back in a scoob before the end of the year, possibly joining you in the legacy section [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stants said:

Aww thanks mate,
How's things ? The wee man doing alright ?

Hopefully will be back in a scoob before the end of the year, possibly joining you in the legacy section emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Or you could buy this at the end of the summer  😉

20180624_182351.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 2:19 PM, savage bulldogs said:

No problem bud , its frustrating for the core members too 😉

I've not been as active with answering in the tech section lately as I've had a lot going on .

I even joined a f.b page for "Subaru mechanics" but hardly bother posting on there anymore due to the missinformation that's given and amount of trolls .

If you've got a query have you tried using the search function? 

As most topics have been covered on here at some point .

I'LL have a look through the tech section now and see if you've put up any posts i can help with 

Ok well at least it’s not just me then.

I was just asking general stuff at the moment. Specifically I will want to know how to perform an oil change and some general servicing on my Legacy soon.

I’m sure I could find something on the search function about that.

Cheers guys

On 7/4/2018 at 10:44 PM, Jay762 said:

I also have been taking advantage of the great weather, however I have recently joined a FB group and whilst it is active I find it harder to navigate and search for information vs a forum so a lot of questions get repeated quite regularly.

So do prefer the forum approach myself given the choice

I totally agree with this , I still much prefers the way a proper forum works and would be a shame to see them shut down

• Thanks 1