Power

Jamie Bellamy

Side feeds are on v1 to v6 (all classics only) 

Yours will have light blue 440cc top feeds , which will probably max at 330hp ish .

Most common upgrade is sti pink injectors,  which max at 360hp ish .

A uprated pump is always a good idea as the standard 15yr old one might not keep up with the extra demand in fuel after remapping. A change in pump won't require a remap ,as the standard fuel pressure regulator will keep the fuel at the original pressure. 

Fuel pressure regulator isn't really needed tbh , as "pinks" would be capable of running enough power at standard pressure, to be on the limit of your engine and 5 speed box .

Other common mods before mapping are a sti or aftermarket up pipe ,to get rid of the pre cat in the newage wrx up pipe .

Also tgv deletes,  as these restrict flow into the engine and often get stuck , then flag a ECU code .

tgv delete adds no power, they only work for about 30 seconds when the car fires up, they can however cause issues if they fail, so people remove them for reliability rersons.

A tgv delete can add a few hp at higher levels of tune but even then only about 10 hp .

It's more a case of mapping out the unreliability of them at your level , so thought I'd mention it. They can always be removed and have the map tweeked at a later date ,if they play up at some point . 

Along with the secondary air pump ,if yours has one ,as they're also prone to failure and most have them mapped out but both of them ain't a necessity,  just fairly common. 

Thank you . I have just found out that the original owner lied about the sti turbo , it has a standard td04 sadly 

if I was to upgrade the turbo , I want one that doesn’t cost a lot and would get it to around 330/340 hp. would this be a decent one (it seems cheap) and is the website legit ?

also would it fit onto the wrx 2004?

https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-ej20-ej25-td05-20g-turbo-turbocharger.html?tracking=googleshoppingUK&code=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Z-T3bW66QIViK3tCh0-GQ9VEAQYAyABEgIg1fD_BwE

2 hours ago, Jamie Bellamy said:

Thank you . I have just found out that the original owner lied about the sti turbo , it has a standard td04 sadly 

if I was to upgrade the turbo , I want one that doesn’t cost a lot and would get it to around 330/340 hp. would this be a decent one (it seems cheap) and is the website legit ?

also would it fit onto the wrx 2004?

https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-ej20-ej25-td05-20g-turbo-turbocharger.html?tracking=googleshoppingUK&code=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Z-T3bW66QIViK3tCh0-GQ9VEAQYAyABEgIg1fD_BwE

I know nothing about how to extract power but is a <£200 turbo a good idea?

Sorry Jamie I do not know. I am interested on what the experts think though. I mean if that turbo explodes while in car you will be spending a whole lot more than the extra a branded high quality turbo would cost. These things spin super fast and I would not trust a cheap chinese copy. See what others say.

What i am pretty sure of is if you bolt cheap parts to your Scooby it will cost you in the long run.

They look like cheap chinese copies budand at the end of the day you will get what you pay for but as siluro says would you rather pay a little more for a decent turbo or alot on an engine rebuild, if i were you i would be looking for a genuine second hand turbo, I'm not that experienced with the turbos for the newage stuff but something like a vf sti one would probs do and for the sake of another £100 you would have that piece of mind that it's not going to explode and ruin the engine 👍

Ok thank you 🙂 the only reason I was looking for a cheaper one was budget and stuff . I thought it was the manifolds that cause the turbos to break as such . Looks like I’ll have to stick with the td04 they cost around £500

A good second hand sti turbo (vf35 ,vf34 ect ) can be bought for around £350 .

Or someone like Craig Bellamy on face book ,might have a refurbished unit in stock .

If you just buy that compressor wheel and housing , it might not fit your core and will definitely need to be sent to a turbo rebuilder . As the old turbo core  will need to be torn down ,wheel removed , new wheel fitted correctly, core rebalancing and re assembly.

I have bought a few kinigwa bits before and they seem ok quality, especially for the price but you'd be better off buying a "pre balanced core" that definitely fits your existing hotside. 

20 hours ago, Jamie Bellamy said:

Hang on . Craig Bellamy is my dad 😂 I’m Jamie Bellamy 

anyway , could you link his Facebook please . There are so many Craig Bellamy’s .

Sorry bud , &#33;Removed&#33; autocorrect , Craig bellworthy on f.b , builds hybrid tdo4's and other stock Subaru turbos .

Heres a screenshot of his profile page , pop him a message 👍

Screenshot_20200519-184144_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aa far as turbos generally go ,if it's under £700 brand new it's a gamble that it will work and a possibility ,that if it does fail it will take your engine with it (especially if its running a tmic )

I don't know craig that well tbh and have only spoken to him a few times but I know a few people that have bought either reconditioned subaru , hybrid or upgraded turbos from him .

There's quite a few Facebook scooby breakers I've use both Jacob at "jdm solutions Suffolk " and matt at mb developments before. 

Either of those might be worth a try for a second hand unit , if craig doesn't get back to you .

58 minutes ago, Jamie Bellamy said:

Yeah , I understand. I just though they were cheaper as it’s straight from the manufacture and no middle costs and tax has been added .ill try Craig again , see if he will respond. And then the others . 

there arnt fromt eh origional manufacturer, they are just copys, and typicly poor ones at that