Violent Judder when moving off in first gear.

KierenM

Hey guys. 

Got a bit of a strange one. 

Recently bought my 2.0D 2010 Subaru Outback Manual, and after I've been driving the car for a while (about 2 or so hours) across the day, the car violently judders when I move off the line in first gear. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Eg. I can go on a long(ish) drive on the motorway, and the clutch and car will be fine when I leave. Once I pull into a town, I change nothing about my driving style, and the car starts shuddering. 

In my opinion Its a clutch issue, and I can more or less get around it if I slowly get the car rolling then quickly drop the clutch, but I hate doing it, and I'm looking to try and fix it. 

Either way this has got me beat! 

I bought this car not too long ago, and it can really get me down. 

Thanks guys! 

Unfortunately I've never owned a diesel ,either but is there any service history showing a clutch replacement and what's the mileage on it ?

Few things that can cause judder on a petrol turbo ej ...

New clutch plates can take a while to bed in ,if the flywheel hasn't been skimmed and has ridges/groves in it from the old pressure plate being worn down to far .

Could check for oil dripping from where the gearbox and engine meet underneath the car . As this would indicate the rear crank seal or oil separator plate weaping and contaminating the clutch