Rear Anti roll bar change, will I need heavy duty drop links for a 22mm ARB?

WorksDriver

Hi thanks for reading.

As the topic says, I'm wanting to upgrade the rear ARB to a Whiteline 22mm, I've hear nothing but good things about the effect it will have on the handling on my 07 Hawkeye WRX. The question is will I need the heavy duty drop links? I'm looking at the heavy duty ones product code KLC26 and these are £93.25 or the £55.10 W23480, which are described as "Direct replacement for standard droplinks". Obviously I prefer to buy the cheaper ones if they'll do the job, usually I'd just contact the website but I suspect they'll try to sell me the more expensive whether I need them or not, so I'm hoping someone may have had experiance with either the ARB or drop links.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated thanks. 

I am interested in this too for my Hawkeye. I know the plastic OEM ones can break and flex when in use. The heavy duty ones do not look any beefier than the silver ones. Hmm good question.

Pesonaly i would go with the heavy duty ones, they will be a different material hence the 'heavy duty'. bear in mind if you stiffen up the roll bar the next weakest component will get extra flex, which may well be the drop link, also you may find the bush's are on the way out on the drop links.

• Like 3

Thanks for the answer Tidgy, I have found some non-Whiteline heavy duty ones on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283407937605?ViewItem=&item=283407937605

I have used the seller before, they seem to get some of the rarer OEM stuff and are very good on price, I've messaged them and they say they'd be spot on for a 22mm ARB.

This kinda begs the question, Should I buy these at £50 or go the full Whiteline route and pay double? Will Whiteline last twice as long?

• 2 weeks later...