a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

Yeah loads of vacuum and petrol pipes , sensors ect bit of a mare tbo .

If you wasn't so far away you could have one of the spare v3 inlets I've got to paint then clean / paint and switch the bits over .

just take loads of pics beforehand and use new gaskets on assembly , you'll be fine fella

• Like 1

I personally prefer to completely strip anything I paint and use plenty off pannel wipe between coats or after sanding.As any small amount of contaminant (oil, grease ect...) can cause a reaction with the paint .

The injectors need to seal into the base of the inlet holes as well as the fuel rails ,so plug em with blue tack or play dough if you do strip the rails off ;-)

How are you going to get the v5/6 engine running in the v3 Shell ?

Is it just a case of using the v5/6 engine auxiliaries ,engine loom ,intercooler and inlet pipework ect and plugging it into the v3 loom /ecu .

I know a bit about v1to v4 and know that the later ecu's can't be fitted to them without a loom change and I'm just curious as I don't know a great deal about electrics

• Like 1

Any 2ltr heads (including avcs) will fit any 2ltr bottom end , but I've only ever seen people use the same version inlet as the car (apart from reversed inlet set ups )

Mechanically it will fit no probs I just know there's a few differences and don't know enough about them to advise you with the electric compatibility issues

gary a good uk turbo engine would push enough power to break any standard classic drivetrain so unless your aiming for 350 hp + it doesn't really matter to much if it has sti cams and pistons ( if it isn't a sti the insurance would be a bit cheaper anyways)

as for my project my ocd got the better of me :rolleyes: again and I had booked the day off work so I removed the bumper and fettled :)

I wasn't to happy with the height of the intercooler and dropped it 25mm on some spacers ,re routed the fuel lines , made some temporary pipework up for the recirc (which whistles a bit at 1 bar :angry:) and relocated my fuel pressure reg  pics to follow

Cheers gary , will admit it's not as mint close up lol well I suppose it has done 3k miles now .

doesn't leak any oil or water but having a scoop seems to chuck a lotta !Removed! over yer shiny bits :-)

This arrived friday

0A8CC5C8-orig_zpsf73003b4.jpg

a divorced wastegate cusco decat with egt sensor :-)

Guess I'd better get some heat wrap and gaskets on order ;-)

• Like 1

Quite a productive weekend for me again gave the decat a clean up and wrapped the top section with some heat wrap .which is made from the itch'iest stuff know to man :-(

As I had to handle it a lot due to not adjusting the top mounting bracket before I wrapped it , to allow for the extra size of the 6 speed gearbox .

BBA3F834-orig_zps8e370f77.jpg

Ideally due to running maffless I needed a intake temperature sensor so the mapper can trim the fuel finer because he has a reading of the temperature/ density on the incoming air . I fitted it to the fmic pipework just before the throttle body .

also relocated my adjustable fuel pressure regulator as it was cable tied due to being fitted to the tmic I used to run .

you can see them both in this pic

39C8E7C9-orig_zps15eb983a.jpg

Although I'll be running off boost again :'( my last test for boost leaks I had I slight whistle @1 bar and had tracked it down to the temporary recirculation pipework I had made to get the car up and running .

so I cut a ally elbow off my spare uk turbo tmic and made a hard pipe elbow which don't look to pretty but she now boosts to 1.4 bar and holds it :-)

C3762DD6-orig_zps39b016f0.jpg

just need simon @ JGM to work his magic should be at the end of the month cos he's proppa busy mapping a few time attack/race cars .

• Like 2

Both my previous remaps were done on the road and the last one wasn't to much fun as simon recons I was running about 340 hp ,we'll definitely enough to break the 5 speed 2 days later .after about the tenth full throttle run in short period my kevlar pads we're starting to fade a bit and the traffic was getting a bit heavier and scoob a bit faster ;-)

Anyways I had a rolling road shortly afterwards and only showed 294 /270 @ 20 psi (1.37 bar) turned out not been running the full new map ( a mixture of two maps instead) as my alarm system had kept cutting the power to the ecu during the transfer of simons box breaking map

So in short once simon unplugged his lap top I'd reverted back to a hybrid map , which simon then came back and tweeked the map for free on the road to make sure I was running safely . im unsure what power I've been running but do know once it's mapped the tdo5 will be the only thing stopping me breaking the 350 barrier cos everything else (clutch , box, injectors ect ) is good for 420 ish

• 3 weeks later...

Well the mapping saga continues :'(

Tried to road map it this morning but had to abort due to the rain causing the tyres to light up in 4 th .

Drove to attowes rolling road in Norwich managed to get 320 hp before the walbro run outta puff .

so I now need a rcm pump fitted before I can get any more out of it .

on the up side at least my new brake pads and billet ally rear 2 pot conversion brackets have turned up

• Like 1

Yeah just want it running at it's best but ,the fuelling was all over the place and all 3 mappers that have worked on my scoob are good at what they do .it might have been the pump all along as I've done a bit of research and some recently fitted walbro pumps have been failing :'(

Ordered a rcm pump and new fuel filter this evening , just unsure when I'll find the time to squeeze another mapping sesion in .

hopefully find time to fit these over the bank holiday weekend

6724F63A-orig_zps43f53f47.jpg

well chuffed with A.S performance's service and advice regarding the billet ally black anodised brackets and pagid pad set