a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

When i first fitted it i noticed a difference as it seemed to have more over steer (kick the back end out first) rather than the understeer it had with the factory arb's and droplinks. since the v1 been back on the road I haven't had it geo'd yet[emoji51] but I want to get some rear camber bolts and when I do I'll ask for a oversteer fast road type set up [emoji6]

The uk used to over steer with or without power if you chucked it into a corner with standard set up [emoji19]

now the lighter sti's back end will step out at first with out power [emoji41] but catch the sweet spot as you exit the corner and all 4 light up [emoji33] [emoji90] [emoji158] [emoji12]

Mind you it's lighter than the standard uk was, has a extra 100+ ponies and some aftermarket goodies ....

elbaich pro springs

Whiteline arb and droplinks

Front and back strutt braces

Whiteline roll centre correction kit

I've got a cusco h brace but haven't decided if I need to fit a anti lift kit as well [emoji5]

Cheers nevell [emoji106]

When I stripped the cdb I used auto glym machine cleaner and a brush , it all went through the engineers hot wash after the machine work .

So fairly clean to start with but the painted bits just get a wipe with a cloth .

Ally gets a bit of autosol 3 times a year

Black plastic and pipes get wiped with the rag I use to check the oil level

Although the Engines done just over 8k now I used all new gaskets it doesn't leak anywhere so it's only road grime and dust I'm wiping off anyways .

Don't get me wrong the engine isn't mint (couple of bits of chipped paint) and neithers the 21 year old bodywork thats been bleached by the rising sun [emoji5]

• Like 2

Had the bits from ash turn up today so set about tidying up the fmic core to throttle body pipework .

post-1399-14245416932_thumb.jpg

Although it was functional it was temporary as it was made mainly of cut up bits of the old pipework without the swaged ends at the joins .

post-1399-142454166783_thumb.jpg

The fmic pipework passes up and (almost) rests against the bottom rad hose in most impreza kits so I lagged this section of pipework while it was off post-1399-142454205946_thumb.jpg

Much happier with it being permanent, now time to think about shortening the turbo to core side [emoji6]

just not sure about the new black vac lines , think I should have got blue [emoji4] post-1399-142454236192_thumb.jpg

I was quite lucky tbh rick as this ex andy forest ported reversed inlet and alternator relocation brackets came up for sale for £150 as it needed some tlc post-1399-142460420207_thumb.jpeg

I did have to hack a leg off the alternator and prep n paint everything but the end result works .

After changing the vac lines and sorting the fmic pipework I took it for a blast up the carriage way to check for boost leaks ......

post-1399-142460449886_thumb.jpg

No wonder I left the porshe boxter s for dust I seem to be running a bit more boost than the 1.1 bar it's set at [emoji5]

1.43 bar peak on the apexi f.c controller [emoji33] [emoji16] [emoji12]

• Like 1

There's 2 belts and they come with the kit .one runs the ps pump and one for the alternator .

I'll probably tackle making my own tidier alternator relocation brackets out of the old alternator or aircon bracket later this year tbh

what version impreza is your foz based on rick?

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored last weekend so ended up polishing a spare throttle body and re working the throttle linkage to tidy up the flipped inlet some more .

post-1399-142566801761_thumb.jpg

after the last mapping session I was left with a misfire if the boost was pushed over 1.1 bar due to the ageing classic coilpacks . I'd fitted some new plugs and did a newage coilpack conversion upped the boost to 1.3 on the apexi hand controller .... no misfire [emoji41]

Went to attowes today and the mapping jinx continues [emoji19] although the tdo5 now makes 1.4 bar under 4 k it wouldn't hold high boost later in the rev range [emoji57]

End result 330hp 320 ftlbs

it pulls cleaner as I've gained 60 ftlbs at 4 k but the it seems like either the engines being strangled (intake filter can't filter enough air )

Or the turbo/actuator is on it's way out (won't hold boost higher in the rev range)

Ordered one of these so I can fit the massive k&n I had on the v3 and switch it for the antique apexi super intake post-1399-142566884344_thumb.jpeg

Failing that I've told the mrs I need a bigger turbo [emoji5]

• Like 1

Had some scooby shiny stuff turn up today

eibach rear camber bolts

Maf cone filter adapter plate

Blue vacuum pipe

So I set about removing the apexi super intake as it was on the car when my brv bought it in 2011 and had seen better days

Comparison pic with the massive 3" intake k&n and battered tiny apexi

post-1399-142609555512_thumb.jpg

Hopefully it's the reason I wasn't able to hold 1.4 bar above 4.5 k [emoji57]

Seems like a likely culprit as when the engine was in the v3 uk(with the k&n) it held 1.4 bar till over 6k although the esl ecu seemed to keep richening up the map and drowning the power with fuel . I'll switch over actuators at the weekend as I've got a spare one anyways.

My workload has increased lately so I'm unsure when I'll get chance back to the dyno (again lol)

But the k&n looks like it will be more than up to the job[emoji4]

post-1399-142609651774_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

my there is some girth to that one young man :D - should sort the issues no problem - will you try it on the road anyway and see if the boosts holds as the map has already in place or not due to unknown parameters incompleted on the RR?

Attowe set up a few settings for me on the apexi hand controller for me to use once i think it's sorted and the eml to flash if any things not right .

I can see the live parameters and it will hold peak boost , knock ,injector induity, revs ect but it hits 1.4 bar quite early and only holds the peaks for me to see .

I need a co pilot tbh so they can monitor real in time higher in the rev range and not just peak boost afterwards [emoji6]

Even if it does seem sorted I'll get it back on the dyno to confirm alls well

I've got a few mates that would give me a hand hopefully over the weekend, if you weren't so far away jay I'd gladly accept the offer bud but remember she's loud n brutal (car not my mrs lol)

I might just try changing the controllers setting's to read just boost (bigger readout for just one parameter) and tape it to the cluster while driving up n down some slip lanes

• 2 weeks later...