gauging interest

savage bulldogs

Seen quite a few people fitting gauges and pods on here and wondered if anyone else has got or seen one of these 4 in 1 gauges I fitted to mine .

29840BBF-orig_zpsa54910d5.jpg

I know it's now defi quality but i only paid £100 (including pp and a fitting kit) and its been fitted a yr or so with no issues .I'm not a fan of to many instruments cluttering my view but wanted to keep a eye on oil temp and pressure as well as boost .

I've looked at these for my project but am undecided. The draw for me is my dislike for the stereotypical 3 round gauge set up. It dosnt matter how may installs I've seen, they all seem a bit 'add on'. I know thay are add ons but I want something more to my liking and so far, that single gauge is the best I've seen.

I'm still looking though :)

No alarm /peak setting I'm afraid but, oil pressure is more important than boost imo as if you loose boost you know by performance but, if you loose oil pressure you know by a knocking sound (to late lol)

Oil temp is handy to as I need to know when my pistons are warm enough to take a spanking ;-)

Looks good seen them before but I went with what I liked more with two gauges with the EVO's it's the start up display that did it for me :D 

Did think about getting the oil temp but like you lot didn't want loads of gauges and I think 3 on the drivers side pillar look's to much and not a fan of them in the middle of the dash I like my clock. 

I'd like to eventually get a toucan set up (lcd screen that shows parameters) but would need a simtec or alcertek ecu to get it up n running .

the depo gauge gives me the info I need for now ,but would like something that monitors egt and det in the future.

Tlag I did spot a complete pillar trim (from dash to headlining) for the impreza when I was researching pods that looked oe I'll try to dig a link out bud ;-)

I was thinking about trying to rig my In car PC some how to mine to give me readings but not sure how without plugging it into to the OBDII port all the time. And then would want some display software. But it's also used as my music player so wouldn't be on all the time . 

Just came across this that works with my PC's software will try it 

http://www.centrafuse.com/apps/details/67

http://www.centrafuse.com/apps/details/146

http://www.centrafuse.com/apps/details/28

A mate of mine bought a blue tooth interface which works off the OBD II and downloaded the torques app which has a track recorder here's a screen shot

17AE55AC-orig_zps08846b20.png

dunno how accurate it is but it looks like it works in real time as well as logging data , I'll get a bit more info if you want gambit ;-)

I have that all ready mate works fine on ipad tablets phones and can't fault it, I recommend everyone to have it :D. I was on about a working PC I've built and fitted in the car with touchscreen ;)

just got the apps as I'm using the carPC at the minute because my youngest killed my other one the other day :( And my new one I've ordered wont be here until 2nd. So had to take it out the car and rig it up to use in the house.

Here's screen shots of the app will get it fitted in again on the 2nd and look at getting it connected up to the OBDII. Looks like it gives me all real time readings and can look at error codes and reset them too :D

7ws5.png

ci4e.png

tihp.jpg

Just got another one that looks like gauges but doesn't have all the info just what you can see on the screen. Only downside is you need to get yourself a PC now mate :D

But will let you know how well it works once I've got it all fitted and working again. 

And you can see keeps playing the music so I'm happy you brought this up as I wouldn't have found these ;) 

5jc3.jpg

didn't even know you could download apps for the pc :ph34r: thought you could only do that on android/I phone

don't think ill be getting any sort of new monitoring device for a while as ive got a big list of mods to tick off first ,but I might consider getting some sort of p.c eventually if they're cheaper or better than a toucan touch screen   

It wasn't cheap by any means and still doing work on it but the touchscreen was maybe the biggest cost then messing about fitting it. THIS was the 1st boot up of it after month's of planning ;)

and the apps for the software I use to listen to music. But through it I can put a GPS unit my phone you name it. But like the real time status is all working progress at the minute not looked into the gps or phone side of it yet. :D

But the idea is to have everything all running from the PC be like Airforce one :D 

I got a oil pressure/boost gaugw from depo racing and a pod from ets. Didn't want loads of gauges everywhere so plumped for that it's a LED one found it slightly easier to read at a glance

Showing dual oil pressure read

20131127_110505_zps7c336884.jpg

Oil pressure round outside boost in middle

20131127_110513_zpsbc0d2799.jpg

If you want something to display det then look at a knock link.

http://www.linkecu.com/products/TuningTools/knocklink_g4

link-knocklink-g4---knocklight-link-1521

I had one of their original Knock links in my classic, and removed the LEDs and mounted them in the dash itself with the box hidden away.

knocklink.jpg

You might still be able to get these 2nd hand on eBay.

Thanks for the link Savage. Those pods are exactly what I don't want :)

It has however made me spend some time surfing the net today.

I think I've found what I want. Just a case of where to mount it.

4D40069C-4450-455A-B28C-C1858BFA1E72_zps

• Like 2

That is a smart bit of kit. That's the sort of interface I want on the CarPC and sounds about the same as what I came across today that I've installed has 18 sensors it can check though. But not sure how it will work until I get playing with it. But that would be more ideal for your needs less weight nice size too my screens 7" I'd lose the Stereo and mount it there :D unless you want to get really clever and use the sun visor :D looks thin enough 

If i wasn't driving a family wagon i'd have had two but i didn't want to look like a complete bell end with them cluttering up the dash. One for me does the job and sits quite discreetly out the way plus the misses doesn't know how much they cost so one has to be easier to explain.

Toying with the idea of moving it onto the steering cowl but unsure

Shame they don't do HUD's for cars. If it's good enough to fly a plane at high speed low level surely it would work for cars. The only aftermarket one's I've seen was just speed or satnavs. Having the guagues on the windscreen would be so much better.