Mario's Legacy.

mariocinq

well here it is after a few days of waiting, i have finally got some pics of it.

it desperatly needs a clean as its been used as a work vechile by my mechanic mate and the farm he lives by is currently covering it in mud but it should be nice and clean for me to collect it in a little over a week.

Spec list.

FMIC

Manual Boost Controller

Boost Gauge

Superchips ABC Fuel Cut Defender

Classic Impreza 16's in silver

Classic WRX Front seats

Forge replica DV

Generic Dual Cone Filter

Cat back with Twin 3inch DTM tips

wp_00010.jpg

wp_00011.jpg

wp_00012.jpg

wp_00026.jpg

wp_00010.jpg

Very nice mate. Your right needs some TLC but the engine looks not to bad what can be seen from the picture. And I'm sure once you have had time to get it washed and cleaned a bit will look great. Private plate too ;)

yup plate is worth what i paid for the car almost lol, engine runs sweet with no rattles or squeeks and it had been sat for 2 weeks, turned the key and fired straight up. totally smooth with no smoke. i am well happy.

List of things to do.

WRX front seats

tidy up engine bay

ditch AC pump (belt is off and pipework is gone anyway)

sort the seal on the sunroof.

find a headlight squirter thing for the passenger side.

grease window runners

Fit a DV (still running stock Re-Circ)

Cone filter

oh and the colour is Rover nightfire Red used on their turbo cars like the tomcats and the 620ti and the Vietesse. full professional re-spray at some point as it was originally Subaru boring Green, the paint job was a bare Shell re-spray and high quality.

its the pure deffinision of sleeper, it just looks like a farm vechile but jesus it shifts lol.

quick question, its running around 9psi atm, he has tried tuning it up and it boosts to 11psi max which i am guessing is the max for a TD04????

ok been thinking, i think i am going to get a spare closed deck engine (if i can find one) and then get it rebuilt with high end parts, ie have an engine capable of 500bhp and maybe run it at around 400bhp so its well with-in its capabilities lol

it needs some welding around the rear arches but thats to be expected of a 20yr old jap car. give it a year and it will look how i want it too, a total shed, but under the bonnet will be immaculate, hopefully ready for JAE 2014.

oh another question, the bonnet vent on this is for ducting air down to cool the turbo, is this actually needed?????

if your running 500BHP that might make it a bit toasty under the hood.

if you strip a load of unwanted stuff out to allow air flow, coat the turbo with a ceramic coating or lag it effectively these could compensate for the direct air flow ducted in - you may find there is an issue with getting heat out so might need some louvres in the bonnet

yeah think i will just keep it as i am keeping the stock bonnet, yes Gambit the Intercooler has indeed be moved to the front as the stock watercooled top mount was removered as the water pump for it had failed, so my mate removed it and fitted a medium sived FMIC behind the grill and in front of the radiator, i'm not 100% happy with the pipe work but i will see how much extra space i have once i have fitted a cone filter and removed whats not needed.

like i have said, its a great base for a good project.

oh another thing, its running the stock re-circ valve due to the fact that when my mate fitted the Forge DV it huntted on idle, you could see the DV opening and closeing. it would do this for abot 5-10secs and then settle out, i even saw it doing this, we thought faulty DV so he bought another DV and that did the same although that was a re-circ typ and he had it venting to atmosphere. take the DV off and re-fit the stock Re-Circ and all is fine again, any ideas???

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i think alot of it goes from codemasters made McRae a household name with the games, warthog did a bad job with the game unfortinatly, and then to top it off McRae had over 10 years at the top level where as unfortinatly Burns was cut down right as he was about to be come the best, i dont take anything away from Burns and he will always be one of the best Rally drivers this great nation has produced but personal opinion McRae was just that little bit more exciting due to his win it or bin it attitude.