Mario's Legacy.

mariocinq

I would say they will need a re paint sorry :(  the way Jay said is best way to do it I pumped it (Not in that way you dirty minded lot) ;)

why it was still on the car holding the other 3 in place. But lets just say what should have taken 20mins took me about 11 hours time I was finished :) But I hope you have better luck then me. :)

i have decided i am going to spray the car satin black, i know this isnt every-ones taste but i like the idea, what i want an opinion on is weather or not to do a white, grey and black Union Jack on the roof????

well i set about doing the brakes at 10:30, only just finished now thanks to 1 stuck piston in the passenger side calipar, once i got it freed and i was cleaning it up i made the mistake of not slackening the bleed screw off and as i pushed it back in i pushed the other piston straight out and ended up with brake fluid everywhere lol. 1 scary brakeless drive later i had some more Dot4 and a quick bleed (and burnt hand) later and all is well again, no vibration and the caliper isnt sticking anymore so i am a well happy little mario.

oh and i swapped the passenger side headlight out for a one that wasnt broken, the original one had 2 broken mounting points out of 3 so was amazed it was even staying on lol.     

Nice one sounds like it went better then mine did :)

And with the paint like the idea of black not to sure about the Union Jack But if you was going to do it I would look at having the roof wrapped with a carbon effect for the black :)

Another job ticked off the list - like the idea of matt black not convinced about the UJ - watched deathproof the other day again how about getting a graphic knocked up?

large_dp_zps23a9a50d.jpg

satin and matt are too totally different finishes, Matt is like a black board and satin is more of a flat/faded gloss.

i kind of want to keep it looking fairly sleeper, so at a glance it blends in, but at a really close look it it gives a wow factor.

aaahh right I see - there you go learnt something today as well B)  mind you I don't know how I managed to read satin and then type matt duh! (probably because I didn't know what the difference was.

well since i found the source of my vibration today is actually a failed top mount i started looking into all new springs and shocks and top mounts alround and gave up when the price for all 4 corners exceeded new coilovers, as a result i turned my atension to coilies and i have just agreed to buy a set of Cusco Zero-Z's off a classic Type-R for a really nice number, cheaper than buying 4 topmounts lol

• Like 1

cheers, yeah it handles really well at the moment and to be honest i am prob going to keep the ride height fairly stock and keep it a fairly soft ride, unless i go to a track day then it will get slammed and stiffened, oooooooo i am so excited, its just **** that i have to wait 4 weeks for them :(

yeah still on the lads car at the mo, he has a serious Type R with 500bhp which as far as i can gather he uses for drag racing lol, i guess he is just upgrading to a higher spec lol, i dont care really, i am getting Cusco's baby!!!!

• Like 1

well i am currently in nottinghamshire at my dads nd was sitting in his autograss thinking mmmmmmm me likes this steering wheel,

"dad i want this steering wheel, it will bolt straight up to my car"

"once i get a largr diameter one you can have it"

"have mine"

"what a stock scooby wheel??"

"yeah its the same style but bigger lol"

"sold"

30mins later i now have a Smaller OMP 3 spoke wheel with matching OMP Horn Button. On phone so will update with a pic when i get home at the end of the week.

• 5 months later...