Mario's Legacy.

mariocinq

yeah Jay, i wasnt a fan when i first saw it 4 years ago but i then drive around and every modded scoob i see has a massive single jap style and i like the fact its sooooo different.

Well it was theeee thing at the time - little bit of DTM for you, almost had that on my 200sx but sourced a twin round straight cut £50 less so went with that

so today i got handy with a few items and got my Blitz Air-Filter fitted. also i had a nice piece of 1mm ali lying around so thought i would knock up a heat shield.

wp_00031.jpg
wp_00032.jpg
wp_00033.jpg

What you think????

right ok, i am going to start my question here, my aim is for 350bhp reliable, i do alot of motorway miles so want something that can cope with long trips.

Option 1,

Rebuild the stock closed deck block with Cosworth half shells and pistons/rods. fit a TD05 16g and run a high boost set-up at 350bhp.

Option 2,

2.2 Stroker kit from RA-Motorsport, with TD05 16g (or 20g as i believe thats even bigger, Please correct me if i'm wrong) running low boost at 350bhp (the option for more would be there)

Option 3,

2.5 motor from a newer Imp running ***bhp

my 2p - the closed deck is a good position to start with as its designed with strength / performance in mind. If you rebuild based on that you will know exactly what state the engine is in and have a good baseline for any future work.

I would go with the 2.2 stroker option and stick with the closed deck.

well today was a PITA. decided to try and sort my steering vibration problem so i went and got a price for new disc's and pads for the front and then ordered as i was surprised when it was less than £50 for disc's and pads lol, 12 miles later i get that horrible metal on metal sound, hows that for timing. so tomorrow will be spent with my spanners in hand and the cooper grease freeing off stupid calipers and fitting new disc's and pads to the front.

yeah i am about 85% sure i have a stuck piston lol, i have every intension of upgrading to 4 pots when i can afford it and then some drilled and grooved disc's but at the mo its pov spec for me.

i have a spare set of caliper but i really cant be arsed bleeding them after swapping them. i am hoping to pump them almost out, clean them and then push them back in, thats a f**k load of hope lol

Depends how stuck it is I guess I couldn't move mine took the hole calliper off after destroying all the paint on it so now need to take them off again to paint. But I might cheat and do it by hand on nice day if I get one free :)

But you might get lucky :D

get the pads out then pump them 95% out, yes you end with more brake fluid to drain but it is easier than spending time trying to get them out with the brake caliper tool - the really easy way is a grease gun and penetrating oil that way they dont fire pistons all over your garage etc when they go pop