What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Proper bargain that....did you just go in the shop and ask, then they did it outside for you there and then?

yes i did. tbh theres not much to it so could have done it myself but its cheaper if they do it and also less flaff...you don't need to buy the gauge if they do it and also no need to put a deposit down on the a/c can (legal requirement). I was in and out within 15 mins

yes i did. tbh theres not much to it so could have done it myself but its cheaper if they do it and also less flaff...you don't need to buy the gauge if they do it and also no need to put a deposit down on the a/c can (legal requirement). I was in and out within 15 mins

I think I'll be having a bit of that....worth the risk over main dealer prices as far as I'm concerned [emoji106]

Finally fitted my new stereo. Once the gear knob and gater were off i could take out the 12v socket panel and side silver part. 6 screws and the old unit comes out. The new part screws together and then you attach the stereo. Bit of messing with cables and aerials then put it all back together. (Insert drink tea after each new sentence lol). Anyway am really happy. Sound out of the box is brilliant and the app radio thing works well. Have to figure out if i can listen to the dab radio and sat nav at same time?

Looks pretty standard as well :-)

Ooh what phone you using bud?

Went to Halfords with my discount card...got an A/C recharge for £25...just realised they didn't charge me for doing it! Receipt says 'price override managers discretion'

Chuffed to bits considering I was going to book it in to a local garage for £60 (they put me off when they said I'd have to leave car with them the whole day...wtf)

Just done regas myself on my Outback.

Nice and easy job with instant results.

Got the regas kit on fleabay for £29.99 delivered including the charging hose and pressure gauge.

Now my old lady is complaining its toooooooo cold.

:) Happy days.

• Like 1

I changed the rear discs on the forester this evening.They was heavily pitted,slightly warped and made squealing noises lol.I also clean the rear shoes and surrounding areas with brake cleaner as well :D

Just done regas myself on my Outback.

Nice and easy job with instant results.

Got the regas kit on fleabay for £29.99 delivered including the charging hose and pressure gauge.

Now my old lady is complaining its toooooooo cold.

:) Happy days.

Yea, the guy who did it was saying Jap cars are so much better at A/C than others. He was saying he has to turn down his wife's AC as it literally freezes him but his own Audi just cools at max setting.

Have you got a link to the fleabay thing please? I did search and couldn't find anything cheaper than £38 with gauge. Not that I need to do it now but I do like to have a good fiddle...if you know what I mean.

My old iPhone 4. When I got my 5 I kept the 4 to use as an iPod. Glad I did now lol.

i play Internet radio by using my iphone 4S connected to my 'old' Pioneer aviv-f700bt  :)

just make sure you have 1 Podcast on it, let it start and then start Tuneit and now you got music instead of the Podcast

pls bear in mind you will need to have unlimited data allowance with your mobile phone provider!

Yea, the guy who did it was saying Jap cars are so much better at A/C than others. He was saying he has to turn down his wife's AC as it literally freezes him but his own Audi just cools at max setting.

Have you got a link to the fleabay thing please? I did search and couldn't find anything cheaper than £38 with gauge. Not that I need to do it now but I do like to have a good fiddle...if you know what I mean.

Although I got it on fleabay Nov last year it was from their eBay shop which no longer seems to exist.

Their website is http://www.aircontopup.com/

However their prices seem to have gone up during the hot weather :(

You can get some for about £20 but they dont come with a pressure gauge which means it is easy to overcharge the system.

In the case of aircon refrigerant more is not always better. The compressor will cycle on/off continuously and cooling will be pants.

Well, wife's car didn't go to dealers, they phoned last night to advise us that they have had another car (a 13 plate forester with 15k on it) in the workshop for 2 days with exactly the same power loss issue and even with support from Subaru UK technical, they still have not resolved the issue. They advised that there is no point us dropping the car in unless they know how to sort it. Booked in next wednesday now, starting to sound like a significant problem. [emoji20]

• Like 1

I've been enjoying the new handling of my car with the Avons, can't believe I've been running on rubbish tyres all this time!

I may go Halfords and splash out on cleaning products ;)

Cooper owns Avons ;)

• Like 1

Ordered a new set of private plates today in anticipation of the v5 coming through in the near future (fingers crossed) [emoji41]

Oh, and tomorrow I get my baby back off SWMBO for day to day use through the week, as my temporary works lease car has been delivered

Given the girl her first drink of momentum today...at only 5p a litre extra, any gain in mpg may mean I stick with it from here on [emoji106]

• Like 1