What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

What age are you looking for Tom?

You could always stick with the petrol models, as you'd need to run a diesel for many years and miles to make the extra initial outlay worthwhile. Plus no DPF or boxer diesel worries.

Have you thought about a 3 litre legacy or outback, then converting to lpg? You may get the best of both worlds then...lower running costs plus the petrol engines proven reliability [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, all the diesels were 07 onwards. But like you say, i'd have to run a diesel for years to make the money back.

I have thought about a 3litre version, But then i'd have to get a 3l spec b lol.

Either this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410027891137/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/postcode/sr84ta/engine-size-cars/3l_to_3-9l/radius/1500/model/legacy/price-from/1500/usedcars/transmission/manual/page/1/make/subaru?logcode=p

Or this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406275340637/sort/default/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/transmission/manual/make/subaru/radius/1500/engine-size-cars/3l_to_3-9l/model/legacy/page/1/price-from/1500/postcode/sr84ta/usedcars?logcode=p

Both of those would cost me far too much to insure, tax and run.

Never really thought about converting to LPG tbh, will have to look into it? Do you lose any power?

Yea and it's a decent drive there so no will doubt be a mess by time we're there anyway lol.

Just meant to be cloudy from what I've seen, I'm happy with that. As long as there's no rain it's all good :)

I'm going prepared for every eventually, don't trust the weather reports these days [emoji16]

They both look great cars Tom; the estate especially, looks fab in that gun metal colour [emoji41]

Have you run any quotes through the comparison sites....you may be pleasantly surprised.

If still too much, try a non spec b 3.0l

On the power loss, I've not heard any stories about this....I know you lose about 20% mpg per litre on lpg, but this is more than offset by lpg being roughly half the price of unleaded

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

True....was just thinking of a way to offset the diesel premium while still getting cheaper running costs. A 3.0l petrol model plus lpg convo may still come in cheaper than a similarly aged diesel model

You`ll be looking at 2 grand minimum for a flat 4 LPG conversion, you can`t have a cheap job done on these. I had one of mine (The 1st) converted, no difference in performance, LPG was less than 40p per ltr back then so well worth it for me at the time. 

Sent from my Lenovo desktop in my lazy Sunday afternoon shorts and t-shirt! :lol:  

Hey Majik, may i ask what your op was again? My mother had her nerves burnt (pain management). If it was the same how long until the pain goes?

Today everyone I decided to try Vpower.... oh how wrong was I about BP, I've been living in the bubble :(. The car is so much smoother now! I don't actually think the super unleaded from BP does anything at all. Opened her up on a couple of straights and it's beautiful.

Saw my first new wrx sti on the roads today....passed him near gosforth park junction of a1 going in oppo direction.

Looks good in white....think his wife saw me staring at it haha so some kudos for him [emoji41]

Pictures pictures pictures!!!??? [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate, I was on the road at 6 by the time I finished filming nick & ash do their strip runs my phone was on it's last legs. Should really invest in a propper camera.

Out of all the scoobies there I think I was the only foz, not many legacies there either :-(

Rear Bumper Protector - Carbon-Style-Foil - SILVER - fit SUBARU OUTBACK 3 (BL,BP) - as from 2003-2009 by Snudertech http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NMEB61I/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Nx8oub1WV8Q67

Found this today....quite tempted [emoji41]

I've asked if they do black too, but the silver may look quite good anyway

• Like 1

I know mate, !Removed! ridiculous. I just can't stomach the £90 for the official piece of plastic right now, so a nice looking £15 problem solver might just have to do

What have I done to my Subaru today?  Well I've filled it to the brim with Super unleaded.  Not very exciting I hear you say.  Maybe not but it doesn't happen very often because it doesn't get driven very often, but at 2am on Friday I will start my annual pilgrimage to the Nurburgring for a bit of end-of-season fun.  :D

• Like 2

Thanks, it has changed very slightly since the profile photo was taken as it now has a JDM-size front number plate, higher profile tyres, and erm no tax disc!  Hopefully I'll get some good shots at the 'ring so I can update it!

I've heard good things about the F1s but never had a chance to try them.

I was running 215 35 18 when that picture was taken but they were just too low in the profile and it made the car feel under-geared (not helped by my DCCD gearbox).  I've now gone back to 225 40 18 and you can tell the difference on the motorway, plus my rims don't get so much of a bashing.

Lovely looking GT-B, have you done all the work to it? Just read through that nice list of upgrades!

Speaking of upgrades I'm thinking of selling my trials bike and putting the money towards a VF-34, injectors, fuel pump. Do I HAVE to remove the cat to achieve 300BHP? If not it would save the annoyance of swapping it out every MOT time.