What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Loving the guy martin reference there gambit! Massive fan of him myself :). His new series was awesome!

Sad news for me... driving home, decided to push it round a corner, when I straightened up and booted it the car just coughed. Couldn't work out what it was trying to do so limped it home, when I started her up to show Simon it's only running on 3. Hopefully this is just plugs but it has iridium plugs which are good for 60k and it's done 8k! Tomorrow is going to be fun, no car so no work :P

Loving the guy martin reference there gambit! Massive fan of him myself :). His new series was awesome!

Sad news for me... driving home, decided to push it round a corner, when I straightened up and booted it the car just coughed. Couldn't work out what it was trying to do so limped it home, when I started her up to show Simon it's only running on 3. Hopefully this is just plugs but it has Iridium plugs which are good for 60k and it's done 8k! Tomorrow is going to be fun, no car so no work :P

I'm glad someone picked up on that I did think it had been lost :D

Ouch might be a simple fix all being well :( 

I`m about to do the same here, let`s compare. :)

Do let me know....got a text from them today confirming my booking....for my old forester doh!

I'm hoping they haven't quoted me the price for that. I did think 160 was on the cheap side [emoji33]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Currently waxing after washing the old girl....anyone tell me how to cure this?

post-1739-141657100953_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing it's some kind of oxidation and waxing hides it to a degree. I just want it corrected full stop, if anyone knows how to?

Megs ultimate compound has worked on previous cars, but tried it when I got her and didn't make much difference.

Thanks folks

Not to easy to see what that is from the photo, you could try a coloured tcut these tend to hide it a bit. Other than that of its just in the lacquer coat than a polishing compound should clear it, just don't go mad and take the lacquer cost off

Looks like it's just lacquer coat. Good scrub clean and dry, use a fairly coarse polishing paste, and then a finer compound. A think wax like a carnauba and if you want to finish off a lighter wax to put the shine on. That's what I'd try first. Just don't go crackers with the coarse paste.

Dave, that`s on mine as well, and possibly was on my others. It appears to be from not having mudflaps fitted, the spray from the rear wheels has pitted the paintwork, You`ll have to get the mop out to deal with it. I`ve the exact same and I borrowed my mates mop for when my 3 months recoup is over :D

Re: the servicing.....I have a very good mate who`s a Merc engineer and he knows these motors very well, he`s serviced and worked on all of mine and is very reasonable. Did the head gaskets on my old 78 OB for £400 when i`d been quoted 2 grand from the local ford (Fraud) dealer.

Probably £100 ish......will let you know.

Well just on my dinner, having a fun day working on the Subaru :). The misfire is a coilpack gone knackered, another is on it's way so ordered 2 of them coming this afternoon costing £120! Decided we will service it as it's due in 200 miles anyway. Got it up on the ramp and found the heatshield rattle, it's the manifold so taking the knackered shield off and just going to heatwrap that bit of exhaust. Noticed my rear shocker is leaking so need them as well, don't think we will be doing them today.

Least it's a relatively cheap fix and not something horrendous. [emoji2]

My y pipe isn't gonna be here for another week at least so rebating weather to change my pitch stop anyway cos I'll be bored over the weekend

• Like 1

Bad news... well some good, coil packs sorted misfire BUT there is a rattle coming from turbo and it's not spooling :(. That is probably what caused to drive bad. So now Subaru is off the road for a while. Looks like i'm driving an Audi A3 for a bit, sorry guys :(

Finished welding up my sills,loads of zinc primer and even more waxoil. Got the garage to fit the new exhaust I bought (Best £48 I've ever spent) and gave her a !Removed! good wash.

• Like 2

Just gave mine a wash, used the good old two bucket method. Nice and clean again now, until tomorrow that is.

Could do with a pressure washer to wash off all that winter grime before hand though, but I dont have an outside tap.

Also saw the neighbour park up in his naf Nissan qwash quish,  only to start checking out my legacy lol.

• Like 2