What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Yep, I get that exact response when getting anything for the car too.

I had my map checked today as it's been boosting high. At least that's what my gauge said. Turns out my gauge is very, very inaccurate and slow to respond. Its not boosting high at all even watched it via the computer while he had it on the roller and it doesn't reach anywhere near the level it shows on the gauge. Result! No problems there. Just a gauge I can't trust lol. Oh well, he'd already built safety cut offs in just over the boost level he's set it at so it will cut and try throwing me through window before it overboosts anyway. Still set the peak warning at 2bar now as it should never be able to reach even on the gauge that unless something has gone catastrophically wrong and I should still have time to stop it doing serious damage.

• Like 1

Well looks like the woman that hit my wife's car is going to settle and pay the £142 it's going to cost for a new trim. Looks like I'm taking the car in next week to get it done.

Just off to clean them both now the weather is brightening up. Feel a wax and polish session coming on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep did mine today full clay cloth job and wax. Went to pick my missus up and a !Removed! salter on the road coming the other way spreading salt [emoji35] wankers not even that cold here its been 16c today.

Yep did mine today full clay cloth job and wax. Went to pick my missus up and a !Removed! salter on the road coming the other way spreading salt [emoji35] wankers not even that cold here its been 16c today.

silly isnt it, my area is also covered in Salt and its not even near freezing. I propose that all drivers should have to use winter tyres from Nov to March, like most other countries. Then we could probably do away with all the salt on the road.

Saying that, most people dont bother to replace their normal budget summer tyres never mind changing to winter tyres and back again in spring.

• Like 1

Gutted, I thought the same about Taken 2, hoped they'd have improved this one. :( my mates and I still take the **** with that final scene where he kills the main guy at the end with a tap on the forehead with his palm. We do that to each other whenever someone's acting up lol.

Are any of those kick plates available with STi logos?

I think Scotty has looked at this before, he said something about fins or ribs or something on the kick plate means there's not enough contact area to stick to. The 08on are flat (well textured anyway).

After seeing mine fitted though, he's back on the case again. I'll have a word when I speak to him next.

• Like 1

Hi Gambit, you've clay bared you car too right? How does the experience and finish differ with a clay cloth?

Hi Gambit, you've Clay bared you car too right? How does the experience and finish differ with a clay cloth?

Being honest the bar does seem a little more better in terms of overall finish. But that I think is down to the time it takes more than the actual end product. With the Claybar you do little bits and it's very slow the cloth you seem to do it a lot quicker becuase it's easy to throw around, but end with a great result. So I'm waiting for summer to give it a full on test and take my time with the clay cloth I do think it will be as good as the bar, but even if it isn't I'd certainly be making it a part of a clean through the year and claybar just once with the clay cloth being used either side of it. 

Claycloth finish from today. I can give you some more pictures I just din't want to overload :) 

20150110_160811_zpsdad88b31.jpg

• Like 1

Might have to try a cloth [emoji2]

I'd highly recommend it as I'm sure many here will. And with club discount and the ease of using it. It's worth a try. Myself  I wash the car with shampoo can be bought via the clay cloth company I do have some from them not tried it yet. I still have Mer's left so I used that for the wash, then a few caps of polish or shampoo in a bucket of water used with the clay cloth then finish of with a premium wax. I'm happy with the results and think for future club meets/event for members staying over camping will be a bit of a stealth weapon in keeping it clean for event day IMHO. :D

That happened with my Stereo salsa, very annoying import tax :(. I was tempted to charge them for the fuel I used to go to the post office lol.

Well I just had an interesting drive home, was behind a GT86 at one point. We came round onto a straight and he floored it, very nice sounding car but certainly not as quick as an Impreza. I was fascinated by the lights they are... Flashy!

Considering getting a front splitter for my legacy...

Like this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230946306213?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

which will make the front end look similar to this, (without the scoop ofc)

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=941ac5819a54d9d7790e338591ad69ac&width=640&height=480

Yes mate loads of difference, I changed mine in November. The droplinks make everything feel stiffer and a little more responsive.

The pitch stop is slightly different as mine was 15 years old so I could feel an immediate improvement as the rubber in the middle had fallen apart. My engine wasn't as wobbly on start up and it's again stiffened bits up. Downside is sounds like the starter is in the passenger footwear now. Small trade off

Thanks for the reply, I shall go for them links then. I was going for the anti roll bars as well but my brother in law said to start with the links as mine are plastic. I will wait until next month for the pitch mount

Decided I might hire someone to drive the Subaru past me whenever i want to hear it

I often think about that...I'm yet to hear mine properly from outside the car to this day [emoji54]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Mrs drives mine so i know when its at least half a mile away [emoji4]

last time I had a "fix it" wknd round mine (changed 3 clutches in 3 scoobs)

Mrs said she'd "nip out and get you boys some beers"

good girl I thought [emoji106]

She left a dirty great number 11 on the drive when she pulled away and returned 40 mins later with a crate of beers that exploded when you opened one due to extensive cornering on the way back [emoji23]

• Like 3