What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

To be fair i like them. You need to be thinking outside the box when buying as people just assume subaru=impreza. Thats why i went for the foz. a little more practical and under the radar for 90% of people but still good in all weathers and fast :-D

The XV is sort of outside the box but it's still basically an Impreza just on steroids. I think the wife fancies a Foz so might end up getting one of those when her car comes up for renewal. I would have an Impreza sporty type but I go onsite a lot and got the XV after repeatedly smacking the underside of my Civic I had. Shouldn't ever hit the underside of this

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I've stayed away from the Iphone, got the Nokia Lumia 1020 :)

Cleaned the inside of my car today, will wash it properly on saturday

Ever since I've had an iphone can't imagine having anything else. Plus we've got bother stuff that is Apple.

Used to have Nokias before as they were simple to use and virtually bombproof

Think I'll be cleanings car as I got to go to Easington tomorrow so will probably get grubby ( and that's just driving through Hull)

don't you be knocking hull lol that's where i live now,

well not really hull, nearer to Beverley but usually not many people know where that i so just end up saying Hull

• Like 2

I have the ABS a good test from about 55 when some **** in a lorry pulled out in front of me and then stalled.

Not had to jam the brakes on hard and fast yet. Surprised how quick it slows down

As promised I've uploaded a vid from my really cheapy cheap dash cam. At £24 its not cinematic quality but it will show who's fault an accident is when that Audi pulls out in front of you and you hit the back of him, or in the case of this video the "nice" lady in her Mitsubishi who decided she didn't need to look out of rather traffic.

If you want one its dinky, I've mounted mine behind my rear view mirror. £24 from Amazon its an EPrance, comes from somewhere Eastern Europe

Anyway here's the clip (1:10 is where the nice lady tried to damage my beloved Subaru)

• Like 1

I've been looking into an in car DVR system. But having trouble finding some small cameras to use with it.

I want one that will record at least 2 cameras and link in to the alarm to record when the vehicle is parked up. Find the dvr side but small cameras that aren't bumper mounted ones is proving difficult. :(

• Like 1

that footage is better than I thought it would be

does it save everything, or just save after an impact? or can you press a button to save last 3 minutes or so?

Its actually quite sophisticated for the £24 it cost.

You have a few options, you can either record in 10min segments (will also do 5 or 3 mins) and it will keep recording those segments until your memory is full. what I do is put it on cycle, it records 2 10 min segments and continuously overwrites them until it either detects an impact or you can press a button and lock the current segment and it'll start a new 10 min segment.  but if you wanted to record a journey you'd just record unit memory full.

I got mine from HERE

they're actually £1 cheaper than when I bought it last week

Not bad I'm shocked that audi didn't try to do some idiotic move to overtake he must have been in the 4% or he/she was having a good day :) 

Gave it a wash and I finally took the TMIC to look see if I could get the sensor on there for the oil pressure sensor and it's still too tight for the massive sensor so I'm going to have to resort to buying something to fit it too :( But while it was off gave the throttle body a clean and feels loads better to drive again :) 

Oh and I forgot to boot the Carputer down whilst washing and playing around with the TMIC and had a flat Battery when I tried to start it so think a drive is now in need :)