What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Haha yeah been following some old duffer doing 40 single lane for about 10 miles in Nat limit, came to roundabout knew he was in wrong lane on exit hoofed it 4k hit 1.2bar then nothing then back on, cars only mapped to 1.1

Wasn't too bad as there was no one else around and as soon as it happend I knew what was going on, no dash warning lights so knew it couldn't be that bad [emoji51]

My legacy was making strange noises this morning when i started the engine. Sounded like something was rubbing or like the belt rubbing or something? It was 3degrees so a bit cold.  It only did it a few times and it was when i was pulling off in 1st., then once or twice as i started the car at 3pm this afternoon. Any ideas? An odd noise can be a little worrying lol.

Went to Halfrauds, bought some Meguiars bits as they're still 3 for 2. Bought some Wiper Blades for the wife's XV as she couldn't see a darn thing but said they'd be ok for a bit. Used my owners club discount card which caused the usual shenanigans. Got there in the end [emoji39]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

5 inch big bore fitted and had Windows tinted starting to look better [emoji106] [emoji108]

where'd you get the windows tinted mate? have they done a good job? have you got any pictures? how much did it cost? have you told your insurance? lol cant think of any more questions atm haha

where'd you get the windows tinted mate? have they done a good job? have you got any pictures? how much did it cost? have you told your insurance? lol cant think of any more questions atm haha

You never asked what tint I got ;) I got them done at MAS in stokesley, it looks good so far but he said it was about 4-5 says before it had dried properly. I haven't told my insurance I don't see the point it's only film and I will eventually get round to it for the exhaust [emoji14] :D it cost £120 for the rest and £60 for the front.

post-4007-143042226978_thumb.jpgpost-4007-143042229374_thumb.jpgpost-4007-143042232147_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler is a bit of a ****** to fit, two holes line up but other two don't... Just off to the side by 1cm. So have to alter it slightly. Also wiring comes out in a silly place, will get a pic tomorrow.

Brake calipers are off, just need stripping now. Got a new seal kit and some blue caliper paint, should look nicer with them done. Got wheel nuts for it but they don't fit... Turns out my studs are thicker with them being group N studs. So ordered some more nuts.

On a side note... I now have a set of blue wheel nuts for sale, new. Size M12 x 1.25. Will be listing stuff for sale next week once car is on the road, just things like window regs, glass, alloys (3 of them) and a set of part worn 17" Avon ZV5.

Cant believe I nearly scrapped it, the car looks lovely. Has a couple of dents but compared to what it was like... Massive improvement.

• Like 1

Spoiler is a bit of a !Removed! to fit, two holes line up but other two don't... Just off to the side by 1cm. So have to alter it slightly. Also wiring comes out in a silly place, will get a pic tomorrow.

Brake calipers are off, just need stripping now. Got a new seal kit and some blue caliper paint, should look nicer with them done. Got wheel nuts for it but they don't fit... Turns out my studs are thicker with them being group N studs. So ordered some more nuts.

On a side note... I now have a set of blue wheel nuts for sale, new. Size M12 x 1.25. Will be listing stuff for sale next week once car is on the road, just things like window regs, glass, alloys (3 of them) and a set of part worn 17" Avon ZV5.

Cant believe I nearly scrapped it, the car looks lovely. Has a couple of dents but compared to what it was like... Massive improvement.

Can't wait to see the end result at NBO [emoji106]

Front holes were bob on, rear holes we had to drill new ones in the boot :(. It's fitted now, not the best fit but looks lovely! Calipers now then clean ;). List is getting shorter!

Went to Halfrauds, bought some meguiars bits as they're still 3 for 2. Bought some wiper blades for the wife's XV as she couldn't see a darn thing but said they'd be ok for a bit. Used my owners club discount card which caused the usual shenanigans. Got there in the end [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked some wiper blade pack up for the wifes Focus the other week.. Halfords own brand.. no price on the box so I went back to the rail to check.. £36!!!!! so i put them back!

got on the eBay app on the phone... fronts and rear blade for a 2005 Focus delivered just under £10 as the 'seller' had 10% off.

came in two days!

work a treat :)

How can Halfords charge £36 just to put them in a Halford box? The Bosh ones were even more!!!!

I've done this this week too.... Tyre Bomb Sticker stencil

clean any tyre dressing off with meths

20150430_152526_zps9jdxsdws.jpg

carefully apply

20150430_152809_zps2wiue3lq.jpg

20150430_153546_zpsmjtwfwx5.jpg

tape/mask up well

20150430_154228_zpsluba01qt.jpg

20150430_154228_zpsluba01qt.jpg

Stainblocked it forst, as the stuff will stop the rubber staining the white gloss.. plus it doesn't seem to want to come off anything you put it on.

20150430_154337_zpsg6ttzwt3.jpg

Acrylic White gloss paint, just a couple of light wafts

20150430_160607_zpsmo2kcklo.jpg

allow to dry then remove carefully the vinyl cut stencil

IMG_20150430_161631_zpshoetc4yb.jpg

I'm only showing you one...... the best effort one! 

So now waiting to clean the car and hopefully jet wash them off... as I think it'll come off like that. lol

But I do like the F1/rall/ race car style lettering on tyres... is there a brand that does it from new??

• Like 1

I picked some wiper blade pack up for the wifes Focus the other week.. Halfords own brand.. no price on the box so I went back to the rail to check.. £36!!!!! so i put them back!

got on the ebay app on the phone... fronts and rear blade for a 2005 Focus delivered just under £10 as the 'seller' had 10% off.

came in two days!

work a treat :)

How can halfords charge £36 just to put them in a Halford box? The Bosh ones were even more!!!!

The Halfrauds Own branded XV blades were £49. We paid 36 for Bosch ones (at Halfords)

My Bosch aerotwin front set only cost £16 on the bay....I've always found this the best place to get them for all my cars