What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

So, a new thermostat, radiator cap and radiator- still getting coolant thrown into the overflow!

The bottom rad hose is staying cold, I'm still hoping (praying) it's just a bad air bubble in front of the thermostat!

It's looking more likely I'll be washing my car at JapShow (if I make it at all)

So, a new thermostat, radiator cap and radiator- still getting coolant thrown into the overflow!

The bottom rad hose is staying cold, I'm still hoping (praying) it's just a bad air bubble in front of the thermostat!

It's looking more likely I'll be washing my car at JapShow (if I make it at all)

If can leave the car over night with the offside front jacked up making the coolant reservoir the highest point this should work fingers crossed

It's with great sadness I am here to report a loss today. Due to an unreasonably high curb and slight mis-judgement I now only sport 3 mud flaps. [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

I'll be putting it back on tonight. Its still useable!

Did you by chance reverse up and have your tyre pull it off? That's what I did with mine...

• Like 1

Yeah same lol, oh well. Looks like I'm stuck with Subaru for another year :D.

I've had my car parked on my drive waiting to go get fuel all week... my sister just text me a pic, my mother has taken the car out! :O

Quick repair use plasti dip that's what Im doing. U can get similar stuff in Halfords made by rustoleum

Good idea, will see if I can find a colour match. I am guessing it will just peel off when I get them done properly?

Thanks

Alex

Got wasted at a works night out last night....suffering today, along with getting an ear bashing from the Mrs [emoji54]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Depends on how bad the hg damage is , my brother used it on his car and it wasn't that brilliant, didn't overheat as much but was still letting coolant through, when we'd stripped the block and found out the gasket had a split maybe 2mm thick

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem that bad to be honest, it's just letting air in... There's no leaks as such. I might try no thermostat beforehand

Do you get steam from the exhaust or a coolant smell from the exhaust when started thats a good sign of failure
  • Like 1

No signs of any coolant being burnt, just air being pushed into the system. Hopefully this means it's a small enough failure to get away with some sealant type stuff until I get the MOT out of the way and can get a new gasket in!

If you do use the sealant you'll have to be very careful, you may have to strip the engine down and get it cleaned out and rebuilt, that stuff goes everywhere and on my bro's there was evidence of it blowing by the piston rings some how and ending up contaminating the bottom end