What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Some goodies :)

2ajq4d0.jpg

Bought them already done from a member on Scoobynet. And as with everything I seem to buy from that site and just because it's me, they're not in the best condition (even though the pics looked good) - lightly scratched lenses, one of the bolt brackets snapped off in the post and he must have been rough when separating them as the backing lip is pretty rough. However I got them over £100 cheaper than they normally go far, I've managed to sort most of the lens scratches with some wet & dry sandpaper and elbow grease. I've used some plastic weld to fix the middle support bracket back on which has set solid now and coloured black with a sharpie pen to take the edge off lol. Luckily it's not a important one should be fine. & while the lip is a bit rough there's plenty of sealant there and have been assured they don't mist or steam up at all which is the main thing. Should be fitting tomorrow now they're respectable :)

rizxg3.jpg

My new gauges and pod! :) should be fitted tomorrow too before heading to JAE. Soz for the poor pic. stupid phone!

Finally got my Dr Colourchip stuff through too. Took 2 weeks but understandable if they do actually get the genuine OEM paint for you. Looks a good kit but won't have time to try it until next weekend now I reckon.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

!Removed! CARS!!!! Why does nothing ever go right?

First of all, the headlights. Fitted, looked great. Washed the car and this happened:

dg4dgl.jpg

Condensation all on the inside of the lense. FFS!!!!! Same on the other side too. Promised me they didn't do this! Just sent him a message, been polite to start with. Will just wait to see his reply.

2nd, those !Removed! gauges! Meant to have the option to light up white in day and amber at night (lights on) or vice versa. Martin wired them in, did a great neat job, and when testing... !Removed! knows what's happened. They light up Amber with lights on, lights off - they just switch off. The actual !Removed!!? But get this, swap the wires round, they will turn on and light up Amber with lights off and switch to White when lights are on. Why the hell do they work one way but just switch off the other? It makes no sense at all. Working this way is useless too as they will just blind me at night, who wants bright white gauges at night? After hours of messing about trying to get them to work we gave up and I've just got them Amber all the time. Only problem with this is they are really difficult to see in daylight.

Lastly, due to all this messing about with the gauges and other things it's too late to go to JAE tonight so now I'm going tomorrow instead.

Been one of those days.....

!Removed! it, I'm off to pub now.

Can't be mate, we were messing with the wiring to them for hours. Trying all sorts of combinations and taking supplies from elsewhere. Nothing worked. The most confusing thing was how they worked the opposite way to how I want them...

He's already replied about the headlights. Seems to be a good enough guy thankfully! Offered to take them back and re seal them plus a bit of money back so I'm happy (ish) at that.

Nothing worse than condensation in the lamp department. I had the same in my last OB and never got rid of it. If its only slight then sometimes it can be cured by dropping in a couple of those silica gel bags like you get in the packaging of most electronic items.

Our dealer phoned up about wife's car, they've had it a week now, no solution tooth problem as yet. Got the main regional Subaru tech coming in on Monday to see if he can sort it. Looks like its a bit of a problem, I reckon we might be looking at a replacement car at this rate, they're already in discussions with Subaru to see if that can be arranged which doesn't sound promising with regards her car.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Just got back from a holiday down south in Somerset (lovely cider and plenty of Subarus down there), Got my car out of the garage and fired her up to drive round the corner back home. Didn't realise I'd miss the sound so much so going for a nice drive later ;)

• Like 1

Not really, your the spark didn't want to tell you how to suck eggs and what not, where did you take the constant live from the clock ?

Only thing I can think of is if you attached the 12v live to the headlight switch and it doesn't like it