The Forester Turbo

Rick 2014

The missus rang me today at work and said she could hear a scraping noise coming from the back wheel everytime she presses the brakes.I said id have a look when I get home.So out came mr jack and took the wheel off to find this.Can anyone spot whats missing

post-2521-0-82385200-1403552685_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Don't blame you when was the oil last done I'd be tempted to give it a self service, if you haven't already. 

I just gor a full set today in the post discs and pads all round. needed them though I'm expecting a pad to be a bit like yours maybe not as bad but low :) 

• Like 1

I fitted the pads tonight and changed the fuel filter which looks like its been there since day 1.The seller told me the air filter was recent as well until I come to change it.The old filter looked like its also been there since day 1.Pic of the new gear that's arrived

post-2521-0-70529700-1403897102_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I went to my local spares shop this evening to get the spark plugs for the fozi.Car shop recommends ngk pfr6b plugs.The owner said in the shop that's what they stick in there Subarus and he has had them tuned by prodrive on the other side of Birmingham.

Spark plugs now fitted they was well worn the tip on a few had nearly gone.I went for the plugs because that's what Subaru use as well as what the car spares shop says.£35 lighter but can sleep better at night.Im nearly at the end of my stage 0 tune now checking everything over.Got to replace the inner cv boot tomorrow now on the drivers front.Spark plugs was easy on the forester to change.Remove washer bottle and airbox and undo engine mounts and jack up for access.

how is the ride in the Forresters? my dads got a short wheel based 52 plate 1.6 petrol  suzuki grand vitae which is on the way out and could do with being replaced. Now his Suzuki is like driving a boat, the ride is horrible, it leans around the bends and any passengers get thrown about all over the shop. It's not very pleasant. So i suggested a 2.0Foz, but i'm wondering if the ride would be nice and firm?

• Like 1

ride is pretty good if all struts good order & decent tyres & correct pressures.. far better than the suzuki.

The older SF forester version is quite a rugged machine & decent ones can be found for very fair prices but need view a few to find real gem . Later SG is bit more flimsy in terms of body & trim & a higher price.

• Like 1

how is the ride in the Forresters? my dads got a short wheel based 52 plate 1.6 petrol  suzuki grand vitae which is on the way out and could do with being replaced. Now his Suzuki is like driving a boat, the ride is horrible, it leans around the bends and any passengers get thrown about all over the shop. It's not very pleasant. So i suggested a 2.0Foz, but i'm wondering if the ride would be nice and firm?

Very comfortable and a quick drive.i bought the car about a month ago and I carnt get the missus out of it.she drives it every where lol

• Like 1

ride is pretty good if all struts good order & decent tyres & correct pressures.. far better than the suzuki.

The older SF forester version is quite a rugged machine & decent ones can be found for very fair prices but need view a few to find real gem . Later SG is bit more flimsy in terms of body & trim & a higher price.

Very comfortable and a quick drive.i bought the car about a month ago and I carnt get the missus out of it.she drives it every where lol

Thanks chaps, sounds good. Hows the cornering? My dad always complains that his suzuki doesnt take very tight corners very well.

Do most of the foz's have a high to low transfer box for the awd? I ask as, my folks live up an old farmers lane/track up a hill, now in the bad snow its absolutely terrible to get up and down. Being able to pop it in Low ratio they can drive down in 1st gear, in a controlled manner without having to touch brakes. its eqaully useful for driving up the track in the deep snow.

thanks in advance.

They all do, with good choice of tyres the Forester is quite at home in the snow.

For what they are they corner real good, very popular for smash & grab due to being tough & good at the getaway.

• Like 2

Unless you buy an import then no low range, saying that I've never been in that much trouble I've had to use it, still good in mud not had snow yet :-(

I may be wrong but I think the jdm stuff has a different, split 50/50 as opposed to the other markets

• Like 1