The Forester Turbo

Rick 2014

Story is was it was pick up my a courier in London in a car it came to Manchester and was scanned out to be delivered today but it didn't come.I phone hermes first thing and they said it has to go under something called light and large so has to come in a transit van lol.Ive been tracking it since Tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks nice though.I may raise it abit will see how it goes.These coil overs are from a WRX and went straight on.I need to get my Jasma back box on before mapping and finish intercooler.I no one thing though it will handle like fook lol

My Coilovers are gonna have to come off tomorrow because the ride is just to harsh.Gonna stick standard suspension back on till I find a soloution.Ive got in contact with a UK Cusco dealer call co-ord sport and the bloke who works there has asked me for a serial number off the Coilovers to work out what model I have to find some softer Coilover springs.I just got the Forester to sit how I wanted it to as well lol.Oh well new springs soon and they will be back on again.

photo6-2.jpg

Boo ! disappointing mate, least there's a solution and your not stuck.

I no I will be happy when I get the new springs.It was that stiff when the kids got in the car and the missus shopping that Fozi suspension never moved lol

Problem number 2 with coilovers is the stroke travel is minimal so with mildly softer springs you may get slightly better ride but shocks tend to bottom out a lot & seals fail quick.

If your cuscos don't have ride height adjustment via bottom bracket & rely on spring perch for ride height then you seriously suffer as impossible set spring preload & balance stroke on that type.

All the cheap to medium priced coilovers are the same issue & for road use they are simply dangerous as handling & wet grip is awful.

Your best option would of been sti inverted struts with custom springs & rods/tophats modded as needed to match stroke with set ride height.

• Like 1

When I had the new forester rear struts on it sat ok but not quiet low how I wanted it.I do have Subaru Wrx wagon shocks which I believe to be a little shorter than the forester so I might try these with the forester springs to see what I get.

The other thing is when I fitted these coilovers from the Impreza they was already set low so when I fitted these to my Forester it was even lower so when ive put some height on the coil overs the spring is getting smaller but stiffer making it a harsher ride

Hi Adam

Ive no idea mate.Im waiting for co-ord sport to get back to me he is the UK Cusco dealer.I don't have the perched type coil over the whole body of the shock is threaded and im not after a complete soft suspension just some thing a little easier that's all.I can see my self being offered a longer spring to be honest with less poundage on the spring.I will remove these tomorrow and get the full details of its set up

I just looked at pic of your cuscos on previous page & they the super useless type with no adjustable lower mount for ride height.

The type that use the spring perch is a cheap bodge. when setting suspension the spring perch is used mainly for spring preload & setting corner weights of vehicle.

The lower bracket should be the way to adjust ride height, with your type the lower you go the less bump travel you have plus you run with no spring preload in some cases.

Cusco kits tend to come with 7kg front & 5kg rear springs which awful on the road, I have changed a few coilovers to 5kg & 4kg & even better is 4.5 & 3.75 but that has been on types with adjustable lower mounting & most were BC & the valving is softer & they have a little more travel than some.

For road use best kit is sti inverted struts custom modded to application or Bilstien suspension kit.

• Like 1