The Forester Turbo

Rick 2014

Went for a drive with the new clutch.Now its a different beast all together.The clutch still needs to bed in but I love it lol.I can engage gears quicker with out having to put my foot all the way down on the clutch and boost better with out slipping.Im taking my time with the beding in process right now.In traffic its not to bad and as people say its like night and day.But when you pull away you kind of have to let the clutch go if that makes sence.There is no inbetween.It will tak some getting used to but I like it.for some reason the car drives smoother and the engine is quieter why I don't no

I bought some hard race engine mounts over the weekend for £34 and they do a good job now.I also ordered a Subaru sti group n engine mount which arrived today to stiffen the gearbox up and the mount is solid lol

photo10-1.jpg

Got the rear mount fitted over the weekend.The other mount was knackered with lots of movement.I replaced it with a mount from a Subaru impreza sti  and its a straight fit with no flex at all and no vibrations in the cabin.

photo2-7.jpg

photo1-10.jpg

Ive also ordered a HKS dump valve as well not just for the sound but to do away with my dodgy bov valve

I've a group n one to go on just waiting for some sfs intercooler hoses to arrive,

Been tole that th cfd and other ones are just too hard for daily use, plus the sti o lne is 50 quid cheaper, dunno though I suppose it depends on your preference when driving. I spend most of my time in a van getting shaken to **** so anythings comfier [emoji1]

• Like 1

Haha sorry my name's Adam the mount is currently sat in my mums basement along with all the other stuff car related it's this one I've got from ipc http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=4854&cat=96⊂=3479&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=

Been sat in the packet for abiut 2months just not had time to do anything lol

• Like 1

Haha sorry my name's Adam the mount is currently sat in my mums basement along with all the other stuff car related it's this one I've got from ipc http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=4854&cat=96⊂=3479&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=

Been sat in the packet for abiut 2months just not had time to do anything lol

Seems ok.How much work do these mounts do.Do they do a lot of work  or does the rear mount take the brunt of the weight

Not sure to be honest mate, you read some posts saying they are the best things since sliced bread and others saying it's made my car vibrate till my teeth fell out. Not sure about your foz but if it's anything like mine it's a really weedy peice of metal with polo mints for bushes.

Theres obviously some forward and backward motion or it wouldn't be fitted.

I was skeptical when I bought my strut brace as people say it's just a placebo effect but when I installed it you could see the difference, my engine shakes alot prob down to the engine mounts being so old. So a pitch mount is one easy mod that doesn't require me having the car off the road for a day I'm all for trying it.

• Like 1

I don't have anywhere to work on the car at home so have to do it in work which isn't ideal but adds to the inconvenience,

I've had the i/c off before and dont want to remove it again until I have some new hoses as they were a bit haggard and don't think they'll survive another tinkering with. So I'm just stock piling some bits and will have a saturday attacking various jobs [emoji1]

• Like 1

Nice let us know what you make of the quality as I've been lookat some of there stuff to buy

I will do.It wont be here now to middle of next week.Ive got solid mounts and gearbox mount and now the pitch mount is showing as weak so when I back off the gas there is a bit of vibration.So this will sort it out and make my car strong.My engine doesn't shake no more either

Got the impreza pitch mount fitted the other night.The bracket for the pitch mount required a little fetling for it to sit in place.How ever I can report it does a fvking great job.There is no engine movement or NVH so a good result all round.

photo1-11.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...