The Forester Turbo

Rick 2014

Rick where did you move bonnet switch and alarm siren as I need to move mine since its stopping me ftom installing front strut.

I haven't moved anything on the forester lol.Where abouts is your siren and bonnet switch?If you want a picture I can get you one if you like

They hold more power,more torque and I can launch with out worrying about the clutch slipping.Ive got the sprung clutch so I shouldn't really get any clutch judder like you get on the scoobys now.the clutch disc I have is rated to 900 pounds of torque but I wouldn't get that through my std pressure plate.On my std pressure plate I would be ok with 350 bhp before I need to worry about changing the pressure plate for an uprated one which is about the time you would change gearboxes to a better one that can hold the power and wont break gears.Im only looking for 300bhp max it doesn't have to be dead on that figure either.Im after a good realiable set up that will take abuse if I give it and wont **** its self but still being able to use as a daily driver.

ceramic plate disc are snatchy, 6puk sprung being the better of them for road use but still juddery, if you intending on re-using clutch cover it would need skimming as needs be perfect as does flywheel for ceramic pads.

Ideally new cover & release bearing is needed.

Decent organic can handle 400hp without hassle & don't turn your gearbox into a grenade like ceramic paddles can ...

organics can handle beyond 400hp if proper heavy duty assembly, twin plate organics or mixture of organic & ceramic full face plates can handle 500hp & beyond.

The 6puk sprung plates are not too bad on a road car but I would only use one when power/torque output is big or usage is mainly track, sprint, drag etc ...

• Like 1

Im not expecting miracles with this clutch and must admit ive never driven on any paddle clutch.I get clutch judder now first thing when its cold so it doesn't bother me.And you never no I might just do a sprint or a race or even a drift.Nice to know I will have a clutch that can cope with the above tasks

My jobs for today was adjusting my hand brake and that dreadfull squeal which you hear driving down the road lol.My missus heard it weirdly enough when I pulled up at my sisters and the car moved slightly forward.It turned out to be the rear pads.

Also the rear strut brace isn't a straight fit in my case so I started modifying it to fit and ran out of welding wire :(

Hey rick the siren and switch is on top left that is in the way of strut bar. Could it be because strut bar is for a impreza 2000 turbo 99 v reg ? The holes on strut bar allign perfectly. Any idea ?

I think that's your problem mate because mine isn't located in the same place as yours

Ive removed the gearbox today just taking my time,having a week off work and all that lol.Ive looked in the gearbox to find what looks like engine oil old and new.The back of the pressure plate is caked in oil yet the flywheel is bone dry and the clutch disc is clearly worn out.I will get a few pics up in abit there rushed because it was getting dark

What droplinks have you fitted ?

Steve, my siren box is situated on the strut tower have plenty of room for brace too

The front drop links are just std Subaru items from a company called icp.There genuine parts