Impreza WRX "Godzilla" Wagon Build

Tom163

Hi all,

This is the first instalment of what is going to be a long-ish journey I will be taking with my newly acquired Impreza WRX Wagon in Savanna Green Metalic. This particular car was owned from new by an old Subaru dealer (Chapmans Of Pickering) as a demo car and it was pretty spec'd out with all the toys so they could show off their cars I imagine but for me it was more knowing it had been looked after no matter what (serviced every 5 to 7K on the dot)...after the dealer it was owned by 1 woman and my friend Mark who I then purchased it from :D.

To be honest I never really looked into Imprezas much but when I saw my friend was selling this one I decided to pop over to have a look round. The first time I sat in the bucket sport seat and started it up I was in love! the feeling of the engines power behind the wheel and the road presence sold it to me without much hesitation at all.

Mark explained to me how special this car is in the rare green colour, having a Webasto Sun Roof, Subaru Cat 1 Alarm System W/Pin Pad, premium audio system, uprated Head Lights, Splitter kit all round along with having a few extras he has added. But to be honest I was'nt too sure until I joined this forum and put up a welcome thread, instantly I got told from 1 front picture how the colour was rare and also the different headlights were not too common so it sort of sealed what had been told to me :D.

Aswel as the dealer added extras the car has a full turbo back 2.5' Prodrive exhaust system, the 3rd cat has been de-catted, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Filter & the car has been remapped but the boost pressure has not been altered one bit to keep the engine safe as houses! its estimated to be running around 240-250 BHP but I will get this verified by a dyno soon.

I think I will stop jabbering on now and post some pictures of the car after a detail session......

1_zps74b26095.jpg

4_zps2dcea1e5.jpg

4539CC12-4004-42BA-86D4-D1E7A331505A_zps

EFA4BD71-66CC-4169-8A3C-B7DB7813768E_zps

442780AD-6817-4860-93D4-6AD0EA4FC9FF_zps

324FA74E-D550-4172-BA2D-8E20030E7BE9_zps7_zpsb501d3fc.jpg

Even still has tire shine on the spare!!

8_zpsb3bc6df9.jpg

So thats all up to yet I think.....I think engine wise I will not be pushing for much more power at all maybe to 300 BHP and leave it there. This project will be more about getting it to look as agressive as it moves ;).

More to follow.

Thanks

• Like 2

This is just a quick post to give you an overview of what I would like the end product to be like :D

The list on my phone up to yet and I can't see this ever being empty lmao-

41932ED8-97AF-4163-BAA4-E37A12F2B251_zps

7BE73841-4AC6-499B-8FC0-3FF3B8333150_zps

These are a few pictures I am using for inspiration-

2005_subaru_impreza_wrx_wagon-pic-609063

2002-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Sport-Wagon-2.jp

I will update this very shortly with the progress as it happens :)

Thanks

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Car is getting booked in with 555 Sheffield early next month for a Oil + Filter change and also new Trans Oil & Diff Oil.

Will also be ordering some Redstuff front pads today witht the club discount :D.

Then the tuning can begin!

Not a big update I am afriad....getting through a bit of needed maintainence before the tuning begins so it will be a little boring lol. I have got the car booked in for the 1st of August at Sheffield Subaru Servicing due to the numerous threads on here with great reviews, having the oil + filter, gear oil & diff oil done so then all servicing is up to date for another 7k ;).

Received my new brake pads from Scoobyworld the other day, I didn't decide to go for Redstuff in the end due to not running big power yet or doing track/alot of fast road driving so went with Subarus OEM pads for £50 cant argue for the price really. They were here the next day aswel which was nice.

5DC90913-7F32-4EFE-904E-D2AFDD0786C6_zps

As some of you may have saw I was asking about touch up paint a few days ago. I bit the bullet and went with a company off eBay and to be honest I am quite suprised! the paint on the brush and paper looks a great match and they even sent me some cleaning cloths and wet & dry sandpaper if it was needed :D I will again update when the the paint is on the car with the colour match and so on...

Finally I had a boost guage lying around so I am going to pop that in aswel when I get a single pod for it....I wont be going guage crazy but I am a frim believe in knowing exactly what the engines doing pressure and temp wise so will be invesing in a OBD computer (Scangauge etc) aswel soon for digital gauges.

2B2738CE-1369-44E8-9167-56A15642B7D1_zps

Thats all for now :)

• Like 1

you never know - a bit of patience and a spot of luck and bargains can turn up in the classifieds from time to time ;)

That is true....stuff like that always comes up just before payday usually ;)

555 is martins garage :) there is a meet there on Monday :) should get yourself down and show your face and meet the gang :) http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/7980-sheffield-subaru-services-14th-july/

Awh man I would have loved to attend but I work shifts and on lates till 11pm all next week :(

I will make it to the next one for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Car was at 555 yesterday for all the oils and went very well and I'm very pleased with the service I got.... Booked back in this coming Wednesday for the brake pads to be fitted :) then tuning can begin!!

Also now rep'in the club

post-2713-140700806933_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm just happy these guys are close to where I live and very approachable :) I will if I'm bit working lates mate :( what time does it start? Best scenario for me would be getting there for 8pm.....not ideal

oooo what bits. and most people turn up at 8 anyways. we left at 10 last time lol

Got a front splitter, Weighted Skunk2 gear knob, some speedhunters & status error stickers & soon gonna have a decatted up pipe as 555 persuaded me lmao.