2007 Outback key button does not work.

Greg722

Hi, 

I am with family for Easter.  The alarm on my Subaru is going off.  I can unlock the car with the key, but the button does not work. So my alarm goes off and the immobilser wont let the engine start.  When I turn the key ignition lights do turn on.  I have recently changed the Battery, but changed it again this morning to be safe.

As I am away I am desperate to get the car working again. Please help

Greg

IMG_1653.JPG

Car Battery was changed last summer as was the key Battery (I changed it because the range was poor and hoped this would improve the range, unfortunatly it just seems that Subaru have a woeful range).  When it stopped working today my first option was to re-change the Battery in the key just in case, but no change.

I have since discovered a key pad in the fuse box area, but don't have the code.  

Im considering driving home (6 hour round trip) in a friends car to see if the code is in the service book.  I have called subaru who say they dont hold the codes on Subaru UK do who wont be able to get back to me until Tuesday after the Easter weekend :(

Without the code, not sure what advice I can give. The immobiliser is waiting for a signal from the alarm module and somehow/why it's not getting one. Have you only the one key? As far as Subaru is concerned - when I bought mine, no code came with it. I went to the agent, proved the car was mine (V5, etc) and 10 mins later, got the 4 digit code. Good luck, sorry can't be more help.

No problem, when I saw the keypad I thought this would be the case.  Usefully my V5 is at home.  

Do you think this problem will be solved with the correct code?  Any idea why for no apparent reason the car will suddenly drop its code?

Subaru should have the code - were able to give me mine when I got it serviced (by me) for the first time. I just asked; they just gave me it - simples. All they should need is your VIN number

Subaru may have a code but if it been changed by owners/dealers/garage then it won't be any good.

Hopefully your remote at issue, go home get other key which assume is remote key same as one shown above & use that to disarm the car then use it to code a new 4 digit pin number >

If it not the remote then google M30 alarm bypassing as they very easy disconnect & straight wire the immobiliser circuits, you can even buy a connector to plug in the alarm ecu harness to do it ...

Update,

I drove from Bournemouth to Nottingham and back last night to collect my spare key (yes as pictured above) and my code.  Luckily the spare key worked so I am now back on the road.  

The first key still doesn't work, does it now need replacing?  I will get home before I try anything with the code, but is there any guides on how to use the code and the key? Mr B you mentioned that it is possible to re-program the code, although I'm sure it is simple I would like to read a guide first as the consequences of !Removed! it up I assume will be very steep financially. 

Many thanks for all your help yesterday.  Although there was little I could do, at least I knew that and thanks to you guys I was able to do something about it.

Pointers on adding new code are in my link in message above.

also all procedures on reprogramming remotes etc are in this advanced manual > https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Ub2apq5-pfcjJhSm5XUHNyUzQ

If your key needs repair look at this service > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-1-Button-Remote-Key-REPAIR-SERVICE-Impreza-Legacy-Forester-/191793198064?

• 1 year later...