Rear Defrost stopped working

Driving along, notice the rear defrost not working, pushed the button, no light. No click from the relay either. Any suggestions anyone? Going to check the fuses tonight, but if they're ok then maybe the relay? Anyone know which relay it is?

On 11/28/2016 at 7:44 PM, Greenmamba said:

I assume the heater used to work? Have you closely examined the fine wires on the screen to check for any breaks?

Yea it did. Honestly have no idea now as it's working again? 🤔😕

*sorry mustn't of hit post button haha

Relay may be? But they actual heaters do burn out sometimes, did you turn off on it's on after some time or didn't?

To be honest with Subaru the electronics is the weakest point, I have issues myself and the alternators go quick and underpowered in the first place... Toyota was miles more reliable in this way.

20 hours ago, Paul_JJ said:

Relay may be? But they actual heaters do burn out sometimes, did you turn off on it's on after some time or didn't?

To be honest with Subaru the electronics is the weakest point, I have issues myself and the alternators go quick and underpowered in the first place... Toyota was miles more reliable in this way.

Yep read the electrics are a weak point...I didn't turn it off, they're supposed to go off after 15mins anyways. Just realised it wasn't working on day...couldn't get it to work for a few days, and now it's working again...🤔😕

Well, join the club. I've got the same issue with the interior lights, cleaned/replaced the fuse a few times already. I feel like it's either wiring or relay. Electrics can cost a fortune to pinpoint a problem unfortunately, like in my case I have electrical issue with the gearbox, but it's cheaper for me to replace the whole gearbox rather than find which wire/sensor is faulty...

My rear defrost works just fine, however I also have rear side defrosters, which I believe activated by a separate button, when I press that button I instantly get 2 volt drop in the system... and the left side (the one where antenna is is not working anyway). Good job I don't use them at all...