New guy on the block

Allen May

Hi realized i never introduced my self back in December 2015 i find it weird just saying hello haha. After alot of ummin and arrring final took the plung to say hello and buy premium membership and finally upgraded my bugeye gx to a bugeye wrx and loving the upgrade turbo noise it going to lead me into trouble. I hope to make a few friends and possible seek some advise on the problems my old 2002 wrx is displaying that probably been talked about already on the forums but if anyone has some advise onit that would be brill. Sorry about my grammer in pre advance i am one of those that has to get down what i need to say before i forget.

Ps. Happy evo hunting haha :p

Ooo yes the upgrade is definitely what the doctor ordered :) i havent stop smiling since ;p. Sweet i will do few things are bugging me and need a resolution if i see the c.e.l when i am giving her some beans it going to send me over the wall. Where can i find out about car shows and meets isit in the forum bit ?

Thank you for the warm welcome. will would the intercooler stop the c.e.l light coming on ??? i got told when having a new clutch installed that i have a after a aftermarket up pipe and someone blanked off the whole with a nut. I think they havnt put the exhaust temp sensor in and my 1 oxygen bank sensor the inner insulated wires are exposed not to copper wires but it still has me worried. Plus never use the garage i went too .... after 1800 miles of driving my driveshaft started to come loose it was a good job i noticed it and torqued it up properly before it did any more damage. Me thinks i might need to have more confidence and do it my self.

On Wed Mar 29 2017 at 9:14 PM, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - there was an STI intercooler in the for sale section at a very good price - nice little starter for 10 :thumbup1:

Thank you for the warm welcome. will would the intercooler stop the c.e.l light coming on ??? i got told when having a new clutch installed that i have a after a aftermarket up pipe and someone blanked off the whole with a nut. I think they havnt put the exhaust temp sensor in and my 1 oxygen bank sensor the inner insulated wires are exposed not to copper wires but it still has me worried. Plus never use the garage i went too .... after 1800 miles of driving my driveshaft started to come loose it was a good job i noticed it and torqued it up properly before it did any more damage. Me thinks i might need to have more confidence and do it my self.

On 07/04/2017 at 2:03 AM, munkeethe1st said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. will would the intercooler stop the c.e.l light coming on ??? i got told when having a new clutch installed that i have a after a aftermarket up pipe and someone blanked off the whole with a nut. I think they havnt put the exhaust temp sensor in and my 1 oxygen bank sensor the inner insulated wires are exposed not to copper wires but it still has me worried.

No the intercooler will not sort the CEL light but you are correct in guessing at the sensor missing - that will cause a fault

I just cant trace it i replaced the 2 bank sensor because the guy i brought off from chesterfield said it was the secound but am starting to think it the exhaust tem since it missing from the up pipe instead of the other 2 oxygen sensors just dont want to sink 60 pound into a sensor that not going to resolve the issue could do with going for a spirited drive with a diagnostic tool plug in and see what code it throws up trouble is i havnt got one 

• 2 weeks later...