2006 STI lowering

Evening,

just after some opinions on lowering my 2006 STI.

can someone reccomend some good springs that will lower the car slightly without changing the handing characteristics too much?

i love the handling, the front just sits way too high in my opinion. Not really keen on going the coilovers route, so what's the best springs to buy? 

Any info would be great and if anyone has before and after pics that would be even better. 

Also added a pic of how it sits now for reference.

Thanks 👍

IMG_0770.JPG

If you like the standard handeling your name must be noah

Mine was horrific and vauge in the tight bends i fitted tein street advance coilovers and its pin point now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rps said:

If you like the standard handeling your name must be noah

Mine was horrific and vauge in the tight bends i fitted tein street advance coilovers and its pin point now

Yeah I find the handling decent for road use to be honest. 

Hows the ride on the coilovers? Wouldn't rule out coilovers but don't want it too be to harsh for day to day use. 

Imagine if the now on coilivers its a page 3 model with big features

Then before on standard set up it was that girl that ate cold beans and hid in a wardrove with big black boots on with flames up the side.

Capiche?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rps said:

Imagine if the now on coilivers its a page 3 model with big features

Then before on standard set up it was that girl that ate cold beans and hid in a wardrove with big black boots on with flames up the side.

Capiche?

😂😂

cheers for that worrying mental image 😂

So what your trying to say is get coilovers?

I used many scientific methods an abacus and a library of books to bring u the clearest way to tell you.obviously that didnt work so il summarise

Coilovers and made in heaven and are a must for anybody who has any self respect

• Like 1

Coilovers ftw....... especially if (like me) you've paid £4k for the mrs to get new bigger air bags (@@) and want to get the most outta her mods when she wearing low cut summer tops [emoji23]

On a serious note try to find someone thats already fitted coilovers to a hawk and get them to take you for a spin .

So you can try before you buy [emoji6]

• Like 3

Our lass has the 4k upgrade too i cant say it changed the handeling of my car tbh 😉

Seriously tho grow a pair n buy coilovers.if gandi had a subaru his would have them

Also biggie smalls

Also jon cena

Also will farrels character from step brothers

Also mark morrison

Also kurt kobain

Also alan shearer

Ps lurking round asking to be taken for a spin in a mans hawk with coilovers to me suggests your offering the goods and using the story as a cover...

Ps wanna go in a blob with coilovers 😁

Shi shi knee

• Like 2

Mine is a lightweight v1sti and I only do 4k per year , so dunno if they'll suit your driving needs as much as mine .

Even set quite soft (10 clicks outta 32) but they're still slightly harsher than the previous elbaich pro springs beforehand.

@Rps the whiteline arb ,droplinks and roll center correction kit complement the coilovers.....

The crappy roads and speed bumps complement the mrs mods [emoji23]

And tbh sometimes , they're bit two distracting [emoji39]

• Like 2

Mine are tein street advance coilovers i wanted an improved ride and less altitude without spending a fortune so after much research this was the kit i choose and i dont regret it at all 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rps said:

Mine are tein street advance coilovers i wanted an improved ride and less altitude without spending a fortune so after much research this was the kit i choose and i dont regret it at all 

They look decent for 500 quid like, might have a go on a set of them and keep my standard set up in reserve 

Original should only even come into thought when picking which lucozade flavour you like.

Imagine if Carol Shelby had the same thoughts with his AC Roadster we wouldnt have the cobra now would we

Im getting good at this arnet i

• Like 1