cornish6544

dropping the engine in is just the start, going around corners and stopping is another story. there are chassis differences between the WRX and STi Hatchs and the relative bhp / weight  ratios are small compared to what you are proposing.

go for a wrx or Sti - they are designed and built for the more powerful engine

thanks for the advice lads unfortunately as I'm only 19 getting a wrx or sti isn't an option for me , my car is a hatchback 1.5 r and they do the same model with a 2.0 engine still not wrx or sti just standard impreza 

I'd get a few insurance quotes for your hatch with a 2ltr na conversion first as it might be too expensive anyways .

If the quotes are too high you might be better off sticking with what you've got until you can afford to insure a turbo version .

But if it's not too expensive and you fancy a project try researching compatibility with 1.5 and 2ltr

Ecus (how many plugs)

Inlets (are the intake port gaskets on the heads the same )

Flywheel/clutch

Engine loom and auxiliaries .

If neither of above floats you're goat maybe put yours back to standard sell it , buy a 2ltr na version and bolt your bits to that

• Like 1

As above,little to no point. Gonna be a big expence for very poor gains compared with a wrx.

Best bet wait, get another year of no claims + save the difference and then look into it.

As said above from me too really, but if you still want to do it it's your money so won't say don't do it. But I look at any mods you can do to help the handling and see if you can drop some of the weight. That will help and be cheaper. But as Savage said if you still want to do it. 

But if you do remember the project thread ;)