What oil and filter do people use?

iLott

• 2 months later...

Depends on what oil you use I know that there's hardly any difference between the milers 40/50 oils as I was gonna go upto a 10/50 was told there's no point, as the makeup of the oil is pretty much identical.

Speak to Opie they'll let you know what's what

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8 October 2015 at 10:19 AM, Scoobyghost said:

Importcarparts.co.uk stock service parts at very cheap prices.

Oil is an age old question and everyone seems to voice different opinions. I use Miller's cfs 10w/40 on my classic running 278hp at 169k miles. I've used shell helix before.

Semisynthetic 10w/40 Shell and check it every month because the turbo uses a little bit of it.

• Like 1

I use 10w 50 fully Synthetic as it's modded on the bug and 5w 30 on the standard blobeye. I agree to check it though if you drive it a bit. Biggest killer to scoobs is starving it of oil.  

Import car parts I use for my filter but did get a Bosh one from Halfords last time with club discount was cheap. also can use OpiOils to get oil from. As for brands  I will leave you to choose what you feel is best for you and your car :) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Millers 10W40 here, recommended by my garage who use the same in all their imprezas and evos! Not sure what filter they put on it, will find out next week when I'm lying under my car trying to reattach a plastic gaurd

Got the same job here. Managed to get 2 genuine splash guards off a breaker. Problem is whoever removed them first time has sheared one of the bolts that hold them in place at the back grrrrrr!!!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

changed my opinion on oil other last couple days,here is what i mean,all the subarus i have had i have always used Shell helix and was happy with it,when i bought this blobeye i gave it a oil change as i do with all my car so i no its done,so the oil as been in about 2 weeks now,today i was finishing doing my gauges and i was going to use a sandwich plate for oil sensors but not now,diffrent story that,but any way i decided to change oil again but try something diffrent,so decided on castrol magnetec 5w/30w 5A fully synthetic and have to say what a diffrence it has made,when your under bonnet the car sounds quieter and much smoother and when driving it seams much smoother,before if i was coasting down hill in 3rd at about 3000rpm the car sounded rough no it sounds nice no bad sounding noises and even the noises from the turbo which i was told was the turbo on its way out have gone,car picks up lovely now,the big test will be in 2 week when i change oil again to see if their is a diffrence in the condition of the oil to the 2 weeks runing Shell helix which was black when i drained it,so will let you no in 2 weeks.oh and the magnetec was cheaper to buy :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...