Correct way to Install gauges

Phila67

On both my standard 97 UK lump and the forged lump (with a rcm oil pump)

normal driving in the winter (5° outside ) my hot temps are 85° to 92°and idle @ 1.8 to 2.1 bar

Bit of boost in the summer (25° outside) my hot temps are 95° to 108° (max) and idle 1.5 bar at the lowest .

But I use 10w 60 millers nano drive oil in my current forged lump and 10 w 40 millers fully synthetic in the piston slappy uk engine.

Of course different gauges and senders won't necessarily read the same but I'd check the levels and for leaks, as the oil light shouldn't flicker on .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it

• Like 1

Sorry just read that is was a light on the new gauges ,I thought it was the oe pressure light on the dash .

It might just be that subaru put a bung in the hottest part of the engine (above cyl 3) as that's the best place to get a max reading.

Most other oil temp sensors work off a sandwich plate attached to the oil filter (probably in the coolest place on the outside of the block) and it might just have been set up to compensate for it .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it

Check the earth from the sender that we ran to the o/s wing it may have come loose as was only really a temporary measure until we got a ring connector on, also have a look at the sender to make sure the connections are tight

• 4 weeks later...

I am considering doing a similar setup in my blob after reading through this thread but it would be my first time also playing with gauges so not very confident or knowledgeable about fitting them myself.

Aside from buying the 3 same gauges, a pod to fit them in and one of the subaru fitting kits for the oil gauges would I need anything else? 

If I buy these is anyone near York able to lend me a bit of guidance on what to do as it's difficult see where everything goes in the engine bay without knowing someone who has good understanding of it all so I do mess it up in anyway or chop the wrong hose or cable :baby:

iFUMr6A.jpg

lDgG4PF.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You'll need a **** load of ptfe, some electrical tape, connectors and wire (preferably 3-4 different colours), tie wraps to hold cables etc in place, a little bit of patience, a swear jar, some plasters, a good selection of tools, access to the net incase you get stuck and 7 pints to reward yourself with afterwards.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1