What's your opinion?

Sandals

As I've said before I wouldn't be happy if it was my car. To be fair I'd be livid and no telling what I'd have done. I've known about this for a few day's but the video has only come out today. And I know tidgy will hate me for saying it but he does look like he's aiming for the pot hole's.

1 hour ago, Scoobyghost said:

No contest. Deliberate as hell. Always heard they tote for work and now we know how.

Interesting, I was once called over to my car from the SC waiting room after they removed my front bumper, they showed me a huge water leak gushing from the front of the radiator, I told them it was leaking that fast I wouldn't have made it to Chesterfield from Wakefield (2 hour drive at 7am) they pointed out white residue on top of the radiator saying it will have been leaking for ages. 

A week after a new one was fitted there was white residue on top of the radiator again, just rainwater! I've had issues with many "top" tuners in the North though at some stage. You can't argue with mechanics!!!! 

• Like 2

This happens a lot now , I wouldn't use them for other reasons and I don't think they are that great

see it a lot tho with people taking customers cars out and not notice the camera think I saw a YouTube video with a focus 

• Like 2

Yeah its not good to say the least.

The mechanic in question is no longer working for scoobyclinic and I really don't know what people expect. Considering people are going after 20 other blokes jobs is beyond me.

Sorry chapter indeed

• Like 1

Not a good logic towards customer service. Wonder if clinic with give the daily mail all that gob. Big and clever to us small fry customers but gone quiet when it comes to someone with more brass.

Comical now the videos out all those calling bullshit on the owner. Lots of red faces.

17 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Not a good logic towards customer service. Wonder if clinic with give the daily mail all that gob. Big and clever to us small fry customers but gone quiet when it comes to someone with more brass.

Comical now the videos out all those calling bullshit on the owner. Lots of red faces.

Half of the issue is the story the owner told is 50% bs 50% truth. While that is no excuse for what happened, how were they supposed to take it when initially they were told a pack of rubbish and refused to be shown the video?

Half of the issue is the story the owner told is 50% bs 50% truth. While that is no excuse for what happened, how were they supposed to take it when initially they were told a pack of rubbish and refused to be shown the video?

I think the reason the bloke held the video back was that he was unsure where that would land him legally when he had already been threatened with legal action. The owner shouldn't be openly mocking the chap either. Too big for their boots. I understand kev was in the middle from the start as he didn't see the video he's none the wiser.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

I think the reason the bloke held the video back was that he was unsure where that would land him legally when he had already been threatened with legal action. The owner shouldn't be openly mocking the chap either. Too big for their boots. I understand kev was in the middle from the start as he didn't see the video he's none the wiser.

Few years back similar thing happened.

Guy posted up saying he went to clinic, ended up waiting for 45 mins and giving up because they were 'troughing'.

The reality was, he was on site for 2 minutes, yes 120 seconds. CCTV showed that to be the case and the pictures got posted up and the guy was made to look like a muppet.

I've been up there when people have been told stuff by the mechanics then they go online and post up something different which is total lies.

Straight away the guy was looking for a slagging match with his comments and action, so the 'i have a video' would have been met with a huge great dose of sceptasism. Then he threatens legal action and makes lots of angry phone calls. How is he suposed to take it? 

He was asked to send them the video to deal with it internaly before going public, which with it being an HR issue (which is a serious legal matter and private and confidential) before anything else.

He refused to do that and embelished the story on the posts.

The video then came out, which is very bad indeed, however again it has had the transcript fabricated by him to seem worse than the comments are and its gone on from there.

When the guy has been obviouly lying bout things would you believe him when you trust your staff?

"I have a video" is there to back up his claim. He was looking for advice before going forward as I'm sure you're aware not all of us a versed in the legal proceedings when it comes to a company taking your car for a dangerous joy ride. If he has the mechanics bearing down on him in a passive aggresive manner I'm sure first he thought was, I need help. From what I see he felt intimidated enough with big mechs around him and the threat of legal action. They backed him in to a corner and then openly mocked him on forums. If they wanted to deal with it internally that's a big mistake. I fail to see what he LED about? You can hear the comments made in the video. More clearly at the end when he hopes he blew a tyre. Clinic don't have a leg to stand on in this instance and it will roll on from there until a months time when it's all forgotten about.

• Like 1

Ben handled it brilliantly. Other car owners may have thrown punches or seeked other retribution. I`m sick of Jap Tuners intimidating people with character defamation, legal action and comments that can be construed as physical threats who have a complaint.

• Like 1

One of those things that gets said "I wouldn't want to speak to him about it" "be careful what you say" blatant intimidation. I dont know what was said but I can only imagine it was along those lines if Ben went on to AA legal team. Ben gave them a chance and they threatened him and mocked him so why should he bow to them and do it their way so they can hide this debacle.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KG Tuning said:

Ben handled it brilliantly. Other car owners may have thrown punches or seeked other retribution. I`m sick of Jap Tuners intimidating people with character defamation, legal action and comments that can be construed as physical threats who have a complaint.

How can making up lies be brilliant handeling? or did you not read his version of the transcript?

41 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

One of those things that gets said "I wouldn't want to speak to him about it" "be careful what you say" blatant intimidation. I dont know what was said but I can only imagine it was along those lines if Ben went on to AA legal team. Ben gave them a chance and they threatened him and mocked him so why should he bow to them and do it their way so they can hide this debacle.

that was before the video was seen by him, it was to do with the brackets on the front bumper if you red when that came in.

2 hours ago, Scoobyghost said:

"I have a video" is there to back up his claim. He was looking for advice before going forward as I'm sure you're aware not all of us a versed in the legal proceedings when it comes to a company taking your car for a dangerous joy ride. If he has the mechanics bearing down on him in a passive aggresive manner I'm sure first he thought was, I need help. From what I see he felt intimidated enough with big mechs around him and the threat of legal action. They backed him in to a corner and then openly mocked him on forums. If they wanted to deal with it internally that's a big mistake. I fail to see what he led about? You can hear the comments made in the video. More clearly at the end when he hopes he blew a tyre. Clinic don't have a leg to stand on in this instance and it will roll on from there until a months time when it's all forgotten about.

read his MLR post, the transcript is fabricated, he lied about how he left the place etc etc