What's your opinion?

Sandals

Of course it matters. A sincere apology would be a good start. He is still claiming that he was avoiding potholes. How can it be argued. Then the apology only if we have to...shouldn't be forced out of them.

Seems now it's not being done clinics way they've forgotton how to go about fixing issues without threats of legal action.

An issue that the car arrived with? why should they fix a problem that was nothing to do with them in the first place? and then he threatened legal action, not clinic. Did you actualy read the train of events properly or mix it round to suit?

• Like 2

The problem with a rattly bumper that only happened after he drove out? His word against there's on that one.

He sought legal advice not legal action and that was after they were ganging up around him. Which you'd know if you read the post correctly and got it in the right order.

• Like 2

I can't help thinking Kev is thinking this is mainly a battle against the EVO community, especially with many SC fanboys (as I used to be) seeing it wrongly and posting support/distortions. His pride is also stopping him holding his hands up in a battle with someone he's obviously taken a dislike to. 

• Like 2

Being self employed I know how hard it is to build up a good rep and keep it . unfortunately most people say your only ever as good as your last job and soon forget all the years of good service once one goes bad .

Imo most businesses do tend to loose the personal touch when they expand and get bigger, as you can't always find enough staff that work to the same quality or with the same principles as the owners original staff that got them the rep in the first place .

None of this concerns me tbh as my scoob is my hobby ,so I only ever use other people to map and machine things (nobody else touches it)

It's not the first time I've seen people miffed with s.c and as a whole I've probably seen more fan boys than haters but when you've got in excess of 10 scoobs in your workshop every day, law of avarages say that a certain amount of customers will be miffed no matter how good your staff are .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Not surprised. Seems to be a strength if theirs to force people to be quiet.

They really are alienating their company from the Subaru community. I wonder if their shop sales are doing well enough to make them not care about the garage side, I can imagine they want to operate more like AET with turbo sales being paramount and the tuning side saved for high end race cars/demos etc. I must admit the tuning side of AET has dropped in quality too. 

This won't effect them all that much. Once the dust settles the naive and unaware will be brainwashed into believing everyone else is tosh and clinic is the only place to go. Hence this poor chap travelling 3hrs to have is brakes looked at.

14 hours ago, Scoobyghost said:

This won't effect them all that much. Once the dust settles the naive and unaware will be brainwashed into believing everyone else is tosh and clinic is the only place to go. Hence this poor chap travelling 3hrs to have is brakes looked at.

and those on the witch hunt have put down their pitch forks. Door swings both ways ;)

Sounds like it's still a bit sore. Just bout time clinic got talked down as much as you fanboys talk down everyone else. While it's here may as well run with it [emoji57] [emoji8] You'll have your chance for more dunc bashing so deal with it for now [emoji41]

Personally i dont think you can blame owner of sc but i do think he sould sack the driver as soon as he seen video.even if you can not avoid pot hole you would drive over them at 2mph specially in a customers car.the guy who's car it is sould name and shame the driver on every car forum possible to make sure he dont get chance to treat another customers car like that again.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I disagree somewhat about the owner not to blame this is after reading what both have posted on the forums. And this is the only thing I can go by. But as a manager first thing I would have done is spoke to the two employees separately after it emerged that said video may or may not have been around to see what they both said happened. If they came clean about doing it then fair enough I'd have asked to view the video and for Ben to come along back to the garage so I take action to make sure I got the hard copy and do everything possible to help the customer with any issues as way of apologizing, and making sure he was 100% satisfied. As for the driver even after 15 years I think I'd need to sack him with the video or he has handed in his notice from what I've read. At least that way you've covered all angles.  

On the chance they both deny it then I'd still have worked hard to make sure I get to see the video and repeated the above, and even taken my own time to go meet him to view the video. Passenger would have got a warning for lying I wouldn't do anymore than that as lets face it we cover for friends, and so we should do. Driver will always have been getting the P45 with the video, sorry just can't excuse that even now. 

I know Tidgy has been on the firing line on just about every forum lol  bless ya Tidgy :cheers:  

As for clinic they have a pretty big job now to rebuild Subarus community's confidence up, and I doubt it will be an easy job. As much as it would pain me if it was me I'd even be tempted to sort Ben's car out and get some pictures of him being happy and try get some good out of the shit storm that has taken place. But what happens next I guess time will tell. 

• Like 2

Regardless what has been said or done before or after the ride we can only judge by what we see meaning we can only judge SC by the video we can see it's as simple as that. I personally use RGS Motorsport in Wellingborough for all our cars and i had no trouble so far.

• Like 2

Have people seen this www.scoobyclinic.net [emoji23][emoji23] in all honesty I never trusted scooby clinic that's why my car went to Alan Jeffries engine tuner for its rebuild ( an extra two hours away ) spoke to scooby clinic they just seemed very cavalier on the phone. They're prices are extreem they, create faults , try to sell you parts you don't need and at a stupid price, they're stage packages are a joke lol and they're turbos are not great. . I've also heard many story's of people going there form a simple job then getting they're pants pulled down by them.. Like the 2015 sti that recently went there [emoji85] Then this issue with the pot holes arises just totally confirms my thoughts about them, just the way they tried to shrug it off , defend the driver as if nothing happened, threatening the customer with court action . In all honesty it should be the other way round. just proves the type of service they provide, the vid is disgusting it's good the customer took it this far . Other wise these places will just get away with it again and again.. All they had to do was say sorry and offer him some sort of compo which is clearly deserved here but they didn't care. And with technology these days I think they've just shut they're own coffin

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Martin at Sheffield will always get my work for repairs and cambelt that type of stuff. His roads not much better to get to from when I went last time lol but it is on a bit of an industrial state. But trust means more to me than reputation. I've always tried to make people aware of all garages and mappers around the UK and have always said to Google reviews. I'll still be making a list up soon so if you can pm me any I have missed.  The list will be for people to use not a debate on how bad or good they are might have to change the rant thread so people can solely use that as a boxing ring. Lol

Only time I went to clinic was with my mate to be fair I didn't feel overly welcome and did think  my mate paid a shit tonne off money for what he got. Car never seemed to run to well either but was a nice set up. He's since sold the car and bought another one. More money than sense if you ask me lol. He definitely lost money on it. But that's not related going off topic in true soc fashion :laugh:

• Like 1

Time to reflect on recent events.

As everyone knows Scoobyclinic had a media frenzy last week due to some in car video footage showing one of our guys hitting pot holes on our lane, alleged to be deliberate.

The video, all 4/5 seconds of it, does look bad and I am not about to make excuses, I would have liked the opportunity to sort this internally but the footage was withheld from the company until the Daily Mail went live with it, I would like to point out that these were the actions of one employee and they should not be taken as a representation of Scoobyclinic as a company,

We publicly apologise to Ben Newbery and offer to pay for a full check-over of his vehicle at RCMS in Leicester.

It does however shock me at some members of the Subaru community and their actions, personal emails threatening to burn us down, E mails referring to us using words I cannot type on social media, emails hoping we go bust, threats of taking our teeth out with an iron bar then taking what's left of the bar to all the cars on site, answer phone messages the same, not nice, not nice at all.

If we apply the same logic to the Subaru community as “the percentage” has to us, then the whole community would be deemed to be the same as the people who wrote those threatening emails and posts. They judge the actions of one person being a representation of the company and the 17 other lads that work here, however we wont apply that logic as haters are a small percentage of the community who ought to take a good look at themselves in the mirror. If this is how they interact with society in general, then society be warned.

As stated luckily the Subaru community isn't made up of these haters, there are a few, always will be, but a massive thanks goes out to everyone who has supported us, fought our corner and to yesterdays mini meet where our customers old, new and future came up to show their support for us.

What's the future going to bring? Who knows, we will do our best to carry on and serve our customers. One good thing that has come out of this is we have upped our game and learned, putting rules in place to make sure it cannot happen again.

“A man who makes no mistakes – makes nothing.” “If you are working and attempting new things, you will make mistakes. Each mistake is a learning process that moves you forward. You improve and create new things in your world. This is how progress is made.” (Edward Phelps)

Again big thanks to everyone who has fought our corner and showed us support.......

Kev

A slightly better response than the 1st one!!

"We publicly apologise to Ben Newbery and offer to pay for a full check-over of his vehicle at RCMS in Leicester."

Wasn't that kinda my suggestion? 

• Like 2

Has he got to make his own way back to leicester? Atleast they've offered an apology and a remedy now. Dragged thier feet long enough.

Can't condone the actions of the few, they should be named and shamed. No need for abuse. Clinic got their due now so threating the company or personally is too far.

I like the quote about trying new things. Wonder what bright spark put forward from R&D to try a new diagnostic technique rattling a car over potholes. Can't see how it applies to this.

Ultimately I think clinic needed this to drag them back down from that pedastol and hopefully they'll avoid getting a rep next time for being holier than thou.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well. At least they said sorry. Sort of. But having a go at subaru community? I wonder if they thought that subaru owners don't stick together. Hopefully they have learned a lesson. If I was them I would start filling those pot holes on the double. We shall see what future brings for them and what lessons they have learned from this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk