Mapping/tuning

Piggysniffer

Hi all, I think I have pretty much got my car running as good as I ever will but it's still not 100%, the boost just seems to come in to aggressive for my liking, it's like a bit of an on/off switch, and I think it's the tune tbh, I have a receipt for a London company called FLASH REMAPPING that did the tune in 2012 @ 69k it now has about 99k on it and I reckon it needs doing again,  can anyone recommend a good place to get my car tuned, I'm based near Portsmouth, thanks guys  gals

Let us know what you think of it. I still haven't chosen a remapper. I should be able to afford it in a month or two.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Just be careful who you let drive your car. As tidgy says make sure they've got insurance and that it covers any damage that could be caused by an impromptu joy ride.

Duncan mapped my car and I'd gladly let him map it again. I had a slight issue with the boost limit causing boost cut but Duncan came to my house to sort it within a couple of weeks. Can't fault his customer care and aftersales support. He'll listen to anything you've got to say without you feeling like he has better things to do. Don't have to mortgage your house to have the work done either. Each person is a valued customer no matter amount spent. Hope this helps 😁😁

Thanks for your replies guys, I have seen nothing but good things so far about racedynamix tbh, but I know not everyone can be happy, and I like to really do my homework thoroughly with anything before I do it, any chance you could enlighten me as to why you are anti with this particular tuner tidgy, maybe on a private mail or something as I don't want to start any sort of rift on the forum ? Also im not sure wether I have one of those tunes that's locked to the tuner that did it, what happens in that instance ..

• Like 1

Just to add my opinion to this one... I had my previous car (impreza wrx-s hatchback) mapped by Duncan last year. I'm no mechanic nor do i have any illusions about being a car expert, but in my opinion, he did a really good job, he explained how he would be a bit limited on standard turbo etc but mapped it giving a nice increase in bhp, and a good amount of extra torque, and also better mpg.

With regards a locked map, mine was locked to a pro-tune map, which he was able to get around, but it cost more due to needing different mapping software, as i recall it was an extra £190 back then, but don't quote me on that !!

• Like 1

Okay guys, thanks again for all your input, I have emailed racedynamix on the 30th March, have had no reply so far, will hopefully have a chat with them about my car and make some sort of decision from there, it is driving a touch better, I have globally removed 2 degrees of timing and have so far had no more FLKC and cleaner pulls power wise

They have been mentioned before on this forum, quite a while back but name rings a bell - I believe it was positive but stand to be corrected as I have slept once or twice since then - do some digging and the thread should come up

Lol, ok thanks SG, I was basically trying to get up to his place tomorrow morning so he could have a quick look at my car/map and tell me what he could do and how much, just assumed it was a smallish company with secretary etc, will persevere 

He doesn't have a premises from what i know. He is based mainly at surrey rolling road but does travel about the country. He was in Ireland last year for a mapping session. Try calling srr for better info. They might know where he will be at what time.

I had an address that was aviation road (I think) Christchurch, but I just can't find it anymore , odd

edit

obile-friendly - 14 Feb 2013 - Race Dynamix Building 461, Aviation Park West, Christchurch Dorset United Kingdom BH23 6NW

Or.......  Racedynamix (Duncan Graham) is based at Triton on Hurn Airport

Triton Motor Services Ltd
307A Enterprise Way
Aviation Park West
Bournemouth International Airport
Christchurch
Dorset
BH23 6NW

lol, no wonder he's hard to track down

I've been to Triton a couple of times, nothing but good opinions of them so far and the car is booked in to have a bearing replaced in a week or so! Although obviously this doesn't shed any light on Duncan himself...

Have you had any luck getting hold of Duncan yet ?

I think even he himself would be happy to admit he isn't the easiest person to get hold of !!

Last time i needed to contact him, i just had to keep calling/texting him, and he did get back to me after a bit. As he explained me, when he's mapping, or working he can't pick up, so it's very much pot luck !!

• Like 1

No mate, been stupid busy tbh this weekend, I think I will probs leave it with him as not being able to get hold of people when you want/need them really isn't my bag, I'm the sort of person that texts someone and can't understand why they haven't text back within 3 minutes lol