Anti lag

Colin Ashley

Hi all. I have recently bought a GC8 stage rally car. It has standard internals, TD05 turbo etc and is running at around 280 bhp. I wondered if anyone can help with some anti lag advice. I want to look at something mild so I don't destroy everything, but need some help please. Cost? Thanks. Colin

Esl board will be cheapest option at a guess around 300 for the board then some more for the motorsport features. Not sure if yours would run syvecs but that's even more expensive but has a lot of options

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are going to run antilag and are concerned about wear etc consider fitting and exhaust gas temp monitor / guage then you can see if you are letting it get too warm

The pre early 96 (v1/v2) esl daughter board didn't used to have quite as many features as the v3 onwards board (didn't run mafless or anti lag ect ) . So make sure you check before investing in a esl set up as I'm unsure if they've updated the early software.

Most mappers can give you a mild anti lag by mapping exessive pops n bangs in at full throttle position . By getting the injectors to dump a bit of fuel in just after combustion.

Most don't offer to do so on a road car though as you can't switch it off .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• 3 months later...

There v5 fbs car as knw been converted to v3/4 ecu as more options on esl.  

I had a v1 wrx and started with esl.  Car ran fine but wanted Motorsport features so swithed to alcatek.  

Car runs  and idles even better then it did with esl in.    

• 3 months later...

Hopefully they will get that completed as they explained on the course they were having a specific break from day to day business to finish the V1 pack and the 99/00 cable / software pack (I saw the working prototype with a useful brick recovery feature)