Swayze88

On 01/12/2016 at 9:19 PM, Dogconker said:

But it does clearly state in the handbook that it's 0-30 oil that needs to be put in. I had a long discussion with a Subaru dealers who said it could void your warranty if running the wrong oil. 

Did you contact Subaru UK customer service to get confirmation of your dealer's claim that they can use 5w-30?

Reply from Subaru UK

After this they go on to say - Adding too much engine oil over the maximum stated capacity can induce the engine to ‘hydraulic’ which would be noticeable straight away as the engine would not be able to run properly under those conditions. 

Screenshot_2016-12-07-19-57-28.png

11 hours ago, Swayze88 said:

Reply from Subaru UK

After this they go on to say - Adding too much engine oil over the maximum stated capacity can induce the engine to ‘hydraulic’ which would be noticeable straight away as the engine would not be able to run properly under those conditions. 

Screenshot_2016-12-07-19-57-28.png

Well that seems to clear that up. 

• 4 months later...

We drove over a hundred miles Aberdeen to Braemar and around Cairngorms towing a one ton caravan, and got an average of 36.9MPG!

Pretty awesome for towing :¬)

Daily commute urban is 39-46 MPG on average which is better than when new, now just over 5000mls' and on a good run we've had 56MPG.

I have found using premium diesel seems to give better MPG and I often sit at 40MPH in 4th gear to keep the DPF clear and have noticed no difference for economy display reading between 40 in 4th gear to 5th gear...