First timer. Hawkeye blew up on way home

Owen369

Have heat wrapped all the bits i can see got all the bottom heat shields off an wrapped them as sheilds were scrap. Will check the up pipe after work and wrap that also [emoji106] may be coming off for decat in future. timing all done covers on the ect. May be dropping it back in tonight.

Just had a read up on secondary air system. Think i will leave it want the car pritty much standard, for now anyway

Many thanks guys [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Don't say i didn't warn you 😳😋 

thats exactly what I thought too, then fast forward to one burned out blower motor and random events of valves getting stuck in various positions and I had all the codes disabled and lobbed the blower in the bin, plugged up the pipe for a min, but will be taking it all off at some point, it really is an awful design as it just creates condensation and fubars the solenoids and motor, but then mine has 100k on it so you should be good for a while lol

Got it in and run it up for a while oil light took a bit to get on turned over without starting for a while oil light stayed on. Started Engine and took around 1 min for oil light to go out this normal? And hope the pump is ok piggysniffer had enough of buyin bits now [emoji25]. Also heaters are blowing cold. Going to blow heater matrix out tomorrow see if it blocked

What you mean " oil light took a bit to get on"?

turned over without starting as the ecu has probs done itself a reset as you woulda had Battery off, normal

defo not normal for oil light to stay on for a minute (your a braver man than me for keeping it running) did you fill the oil filter up with oil before fitting 

heaters are blowing cold because you have an air lock, if you run it up the road you will probably spike into the red in your guage when boosting a bit, read up on how to properly bleed one of these, I ended up having to "burp" mine after having engine out, you can google how to burp a Subaru, also make sure you add your "Subaru coolant conditioner"

Oil changed to the expense stuff and oil light now goes off as soon as its started [emoji106] also hks oil filter now on [emoji106] jacked her up at the front and burped it ect got all bleed up heater now red hot [emoji108] been out few times running it up and just been for a 40 mile trip on b roads. Toward end of the trip the engine light came on pulled over no leaks temp fine running fine so will plug in tomorrow. Only thing i can say is its a little hesitant as comes on the boost but only slightly apart from that spot on. Impressed by performance to be fair [emoji106]

• Like 2

Yes relief just read codes and got this 3bca614085f28e7521284ef214aecd25.jpg [emoji85] car runs sweet cleared codes going to have spin round the block now see if shows back up. was going so well [emoji85]

many thanks for support guys been alot of help [emoji108][emoji106]

• Like 2

I think that's a code to say the variable valve timing is out of sync from one side of engine to another, usually the avcs pulley sticky, jammed, or bust, or cam belt maybe a tooth out (unlikely), all can happen after a rebuild, hopefully it'll work itself out when it's got a few miles mate, or a slight possibility of cam position sensor 

Drove it most of the day cleaned it ect. Oil light came on when i parked on a hill. When started back up took around 10-20seconds to go off And since has flashed on and off after i started it for about a second on flat ground. Going to have a look tomorrow chance sensor at front of block and get a pressure gauge on it but runs fine and dont like to say it but no engine light on dash yet

Changed sensor and light seems all good but i was not satisfied as only goes off at 2.5psi so got a pressure gauge and Done the checks 60d6fd3981b0fa5dea46982eeeb7256d.jpgthats at idle just after starting so i dropped the sump and pick up pipe and found 99b43b12a61c3bd356cd5f4da51c8976.jpg8362ceb2ce05e2a2573b5ae6b4379869.jpgcan not get one today being sunday need one asap going to ring advanced automotive or roger clark and next day it unless someone knows anywere to get one from in the West Midlands area

you were warned about oil pickup.
hopefully got away with it but I suspects some untold damage been done if oil pressure been that bad since first start .
is quite easy improve standard pickups with bracing to stop the fatigue cracking they get, was poor design by subaru on a critical part :-/
new oem ones being same design .

• Like 1