First timer. Hawkeye blew up on way home

Owen369

Ooooh **** ! Fingers crossed mate but that coulda been why the engine let go the first time ? You mighta caught it in time before serious damage, defo keep an eye on the turbo now as that woulda suffered if oil pressure low, maybe that's why you had hesitation too as it probs couldn't run the avcs properly

• Like 1

I just replaced mine from "import car parts", changed the oem for an oem, mine was fine but I needed to rule it out of the equation, so while had sump off thought may as well change it, will probs end up getting a killer b one at some point if I've not burned the car lol

Anyone know were to get a killer b one from next day delivery uk stock like? Going to order a new oem tomorrow morning otherwise family member can weld braze ally weld ect anyone modded one? The pipe was sweet when fitted sure of it i cleaned it fitted new oring ect sure i would of spotted it [emoji25] oil pressure was showing 80psi at 5000rpm rev so hopefully no damage

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Could try giving Alyn @ Asperformance a bell, he might have a aftermarket oil pick up in stock and dispatches fast .

Alyn +441914103770

The "fixing / strengthening the old 1 was just a idea , as I don't know much about the 2.5 pick up. I just thought if it's a weak point , why not upgrade it to rule it out .

My original 2ltr oil pick up is nearly 23yrs old and still keeps up with my rcm oil pump fine .

I wouldn't waste over £150 in the killer b one, it the other extreme and totally over engineered & over priced .
I wouldn't repair yours but indeed you could.
What we do is cut some 1.5mm walled tube in half and braze to flange and pipe covering the weak joint area then add a 1.8mm tapered gusset from flange edge to past first bend in pipe & braze that on . another gusset on pick-up filter end goes up and feeds into top gusset. we change flange bolts to 12.9 allen sockets as easier fit with reduced room of gusset & welds near flange (also add drop of threadlock on them). Windage baffle plates quite good for these too especially if likely do some track or do speedy road work on twisty b roads.
material cost isn't £5 for oil pipe & result is several times stronger than plain oem .
Money best spent on a good oil pressure gauge with memory & settable low pressure warning .

Ended up with new oem one fitted it tested oil pressure cold start up is 80psi

Warm idle is 30psi

And as soon as you rev goes to 90psi

Pressures sound all good? Going to order some gauges today and a pod still dont trust the car [emoji85]

wants a good check over & run on rollers really, loads of minor things cause poor running from det sensor, afm, simple air leak etc .
I expect stress from removal & refitting finished the old oil pipe off as if had been running long like that mains would of been shot.
oil pressure seems about right, oil pressure, boost & wideband are 3 must have gauges really .
Hopefully just simple niggles and all will be good .

• Like 1

Fingers crossed mr b fingers toes and everything inbeetween. Can not thank you enough for all the advice an guidance. Can you suggest anywere local to me (West Midlands) to get it in rollers. Yes took a bit of messing about to get sump off jacked engine up to refit [emoji106] looking at prosport gauges as we speak want to order from shop that got in stock an will supply the defi pod also.

Got some prosport steepers on the way tomorrow put my mind at rest on this oil business. I have put a silcon covered inlet pipe to the turbo on when rebuilt engine would that make it hessant and jerky as not mapped for it maybe? Top man jay762 will get on it going to have to get it on rollers soon like mrb says check all out properly[emoji106]

Just now, Owen369 said:

Just been out put 40 quid fuel in gave it a run through up to 4-5000rpm. Feels a little better. Were you get yours done piggysniffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a specific thread on the unfortunate situation PS has found himself in - shall we just leave that there - suffice it to say TDR in Warwick has received some recent positive feedback. They also do just straight pulls for diagnostics not mapping which may be useful?

24 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

There is a specific thread on the unfortunate situation PS has found himself in - shall we just leave that there - suffice it to say TDR in Warwick has received some recent positive feedback. They also do just straight pulls for diagnostics not mapping which may be useful?

I couldn't have said it better myself 😉

• Like 1

Just this minute got the gauges in very dark will take a picture tomorrow. Oil pressure reading 1.5 bar on tick over at the lowest about 21psi that seem ok or low still paranoid about oil ect. Car running better touch wood after blast out last nite and tank of fuel also. dont know if that helped ive only put in high octane. Not had time to ring about the dyno yet

You aint joking piggysniffer nightmaree its been. i got everything crossed hope it all good now 1.5bar lowest ive seen today also. Mudflaps ordered stop sides gettin covered with s**t off the road [emoji106]

Once again thanks to all for the advice and help along the way

• Like 1