First timer. Hawkeye blew up on way home

Owen369

Got the mechanical gauge on from other day says 1 bar lowest when at warm idle id say 700-800 rpm now im monitoring it. when fans kick in, is when gauge flashes for 30secs to a minute i have read that today 10psi to every 1,000rpm also read standard factory pump idle is 14psidf045afa38932693aa912562ee583656.jpg am i just being over paranoid and prosport electic gauge a little out? One in bay says 1bar one in car saying 0.8-0.9

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Hard to say what pressure your oil will be. It's all relative to grade, temperature and amount in the sump. Even age will effect the end pressure. 10psi for 1000rpm is a little off. Max pressure should come in early and stay constant. By 3000rpm(roughly) I'm at 6.0bar and it will stay there until 6000rpm if I go there. 14psi = 1bar.

What's a good gauge scoobs ? Been browsing the bay of hades and they mostly look cheap n orrible

Defi are quite well respected. I have a Depo 4-1 gauge. Basically a cheap knock off but it's the only gauge I could find that had everything I needed in the one gauge. I'm not a fan of numerous gauges. It's done me over a year so far, so a good investment.

Oil is 10w40 gulf easter fully synthetic will get some more next week to late in week to order now and will change oil.

Just got back from giving it a run pulls good only hessant when trying to drive it slow.

Oil temp got up to 100c oil pressure 6.5bar peak.

On idle with 100c oil temp. The oil pressure gauge had a flash red (warning light if im right) and was at 0.6 bar again at around 700-800rpm. But against the mechanical gauge its down by 0.2 of a bar. So i have more of 0.8bar. Checked oil level and water before i went out was fine. 0df4cfbba3538c0b8f3d6dd0f817795c.jpg

That does seem a bit low and hot for this time of year but I can only compare it to 2ltr .

Which has a cool running rcm stat, rcm oil pump and thicker 10 60 nano drive oil ,so not a very good comparison tbh .

Mine is 2.8 bar hot idle (95°)

7bar cold start .

But yours being a 2.5 ltr engine (avecs ?) And probably having a vf turbo banjo bolt (restricts the oil a bit ) would probably read different.

I'd check the old oil and cut open the filter to look for debris when changing it .

Hopefully someone who has a gauge on their 2.5 or knows what the standard 2.5 pressures should be will chip in .

have googled the cra p outta this and it seems that there are a lot of folks saying 12-14psi at hot idle is fine, although 20+ seems to be the prominent figure, specs are 14psi at hot idle, give or take oil viscosity used and temp, age of oil etc etc, all you can do is keep an eye on it really, did you find any bearing flakes or any signs in the sump when you removed it for the pickup

Was a little metal yes got a magnetic sump plug in. i do expect a bit of metal as my previous heads were worn an scrapped and also the cams. Cleaned engine block ect but will always be some you have missed somewere. Drove it to work got oil temp of 60c

Idle oil pressure 2bar revs were at 1000rpm

car still a little cold

Soon as rev. more up to 4-5bar and holds there once driving only goes down on idle. Iv googled all night and yesterday no definitive answer like say depends on oil ect. Weres MR B at ? Haha