First timer. Hawkeye blew up on way home

Owen369

I've found that most things rcm are expensive but very good quality. I was lucky enough to get some cossie headgaskets for £100 off a rally engine builder .

Bought arp headstuds, acl shells ,new block bolts ,timing pulley set and full gasket kit from import car parts

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Yeh they are good but not really need if not funding a big hp build.
cosworth are good and if could get a price same as savage would be worth it otherwise cometic would be fine, ICP do cometic individual or as part of complete head seal/gasket set (about £220 for set, £90 pair of head-gaskets) they good quality viton coated embossed mls gaskets.
Standard head bolts are fine for standard & low tune and as they not excessive stretch torque to yeild can be reused if pass inspection. Lot of myths on fine thread no good but reason they use fine thread is it doesn't work loose easily, also fine thread creates more load for same torque over a coarse thread so something be aware of when choosing fastener spec & torque.
Proper fitted oem bolts on quality smooth finished heads/block work well,arp stud set around £175 and does allow more clamping torque over standard but not a lot & stud length in block is not best . rcm do some good stud kits when going serious, if going do studs do 12mm - RCM 14/12mm studs get my vote, good design but not cheap and needs block machining.
If you not aiming go full out don't waste money on expensive HG or head studs, use it towards good forge pistons & good machine work & quality gaskets.
No point spending £160 on head gaskets good for 600hp but running standard rods.
Balance all parts so budget evenly spread giving balanced quality/power handling & keeping you well within the budget .

• Like 1

And if this head guy is a pain to get hold of now, just think how bad it could be if something isn't right and then you can't get hold of him, that will drive you insane !!! as I'm having that problem at the mo, so maybe think about that 

Right!!!! Feel like im getting somewere now finally.

Ordered an should be here for friday.

Rcm head gaskets 1.1mm

Forged mahle pistons

Standard head bolts

Dayco timing belt

Spark plugs

Oil filter

Acl main an rod shells

Also got a full gasket kit on the way

Have had few messages with the head guy says they are at the machine shop being skimmed before he sends them and he will let me know soon as.

So things are getting sorted [emoji106][emoji41][emoji529]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Happy dayz .

I'd suggest to get some three bond liquid gasket sealer for the block halves and sump .As cheaper stuff is known not to last .

If they're not included in the full gasket set , turbo outlet ,up pipe and header oe gaskets.

Dunno if you want to go the whole hog and get timing idlers and tensioner too

[emoji6]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

How much would you want for the water pump posted to wolverhampton area Jay762? Going to order some of that sealent now. Tensioner and all that stuff was done 4,000 miles ago and is mint. Many thanks for info lads [emoji108]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

For initial break in you want use a mineral oil. Rings will not bed in on a full synthetic, Were bores cross hatch honed. Get 2 or 3 oil filters and dump oil after first 100 miles and check for unwanted debris, cut filter open too .

• Like 2