Huge top mount

If you do decide to go for a fmic it will have to be mapped in to run safely. So it's probably not worth fitting untill you've got a block , turbo ,injectors and drive train that will make your 400+hp target .

As you won't get much gain untill they're all fitted 😉

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

mix the sti intercooler with better thermal shield & controlled water injection & you have a very capable tmic . Controlled WI systems are superb bits of kit .
Front mounts are indeed the common package but don't overlook all choices & balance parts to your builds requirement .

• Like 2

I've definitely explored most avenues of thermal control in the bay and they do make a difference.

So far I've .....

Fitted a reverse inlet, to shorten the intercooler core to throttle body fmic pipework .

Fitted Thermal manifold spacers ,to lessen heat soak from the heads to the inlet manifold.

Clocked the turbo coldside to shorten the fmic pipework and get rid of the heatsoaking 180° bend over the turbo hotside.

fitted a turbo blanket and heat wrapped ,headers ,up pipe and downpipe to keep bay temps down and to keep the gasses hot and flowing quicker .

Other than flipping the fmic core and lagging what's left of the fmic pipework I can't really think of anything else that would help .

a1504d6f9b25bc64f57b7f172ff5e00a.jpg

But I'm sure I'll think of something else to do eventually lol .

Dibs hahaha, tbh if it was me putting in water spray on the intercooler I would just fit a tank, pump and a push button same as the one I have for the washers squirters on my ole camper, press the button and it squirts, simples, I just would have no idea when to use it or don't think I would even need it at 277hp lol, but I just like gadgets 😋

Cheers piggy , it's kept me occupied lol .

I did consider fitting my uk turbo's headlight washer jets in front of the fmic core [emoji6]

But i didn't want to keep squirting screen wash over the front of the car and couldn't be arsed to set up a separate reservoir and switch [emoji5]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, savage bulldogs said:

I've definitely explored most avenues of thermal control in the bay and they do make a difference.

So far I've .....

Fitted a reverse inlet, to shorten the intercooler core to throttle body fmic pipework .

Fitted Thermal manifold spacers ,to lessen heat soak from the heads to the inlet manifold.

Clocked the turbo coldside to shorten the fmic pipework and get rid of the heatsoaking 180° bend over the turbo hotside.

fitted a turbo blanket and heat wrapped ,headers ,up pipe and downpipe to keep bay temps down and to keep the gasses hot and flowing quicker .

Other than flipping the fmic core and lagging what's left of the fmic pipework I can't really think of anything else that would help .

a1504d6f9b25bc64f57b7f172ff5e00a.jpg

But I'm sure I'll think of something else to do eventually lol .

any dyno graphs?

before and after the mods would also be good

My first map in the v1 was halted to 1.2 bar of boost, by weak classic coil packs [emoji57]

the graph looked more like a ecg if he turned up the boost anymore than that lol .

. i fitted newage coilpacks and maxed out the maf or apexi intake but hopefully I'll get the fuel rails fitted ,z32 maf and the new turbo tweeked in sometime later this month.

Tbh that graph won't help either as it won't be back to back , Cos I changed from a tdo5 to a aps sr40 turbo [emoji5]

• Like 1