Huge top mount

A good bar & plate top mount can work well . splitter fins & aftermarket scoops can help airflow. Lag/throttle response is not a misconception, V design front mount concepts were products of massive R&D and designed to reduce pipe run lengths & amount of bends .
Indeed you can have more safety scope with front & front can exceed capabilities of a tmic but tmic is still very capable .

7 minutes ago, Mr B said:

A good bar & plate top mount can work well . splitter fins & aftermarket scoops can help airflow. Lag/throttle response is not a misconception, V design front mount concepts were products of massive R&D and designed to reduce pipe run lengths & amount of bends .
Indeed you can have more safety scope with front & front can exceed capabilities of a tmic but tmic is still very capable .

If you get down to calculating it to that extent then yes there is a difference, however the difference isn't enough to be noticeable when driving. I remember there was a calculation branded around ages ago, but it was flawed because it took 3k rpm as a constant, not a varilable and also assumed the same constant flow rates. It's like reverse inlet manifolds, they do make some difference, but alot of work for not that much of a gain.

7 minutes ago, macauleyp27 said:

What Bhp is the standard intercooler good for ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

360 to 400max
at close 400 they really can start struggle on hot day or heavily heat soaked car, bar & plate larger core solutions & ones with new scoop designs can handle closer to 500hp but ideally want water injection to run with it so intake temps are kept very safe allowing push ignition mapping more .
What power do you require & what changes to the car do you want make !?

10 minutes ago, macauleyp27 said:

So all in all there really isn't much in it between the fmic and the tmic

Yes there is, as said its been tested to death and proven FMIC is the best option other than in the case of a tiny turbo (TD04).

It simply comes down to physics don't lie. Heat rises and top mounts only get limited airflow from the scoop

4 minutes ago, Mr B said:

360 to 400max
at close 400 they really can start struggle on hot day or heavily heat soaked car, bar & plate larger core solutions & ones with new scoop designs can handle closer to 500hp but ideally want water injection to run with it so intake temps are kept very safe allowing push ignition mapping more .

Then you have to worry about getting it all plumbed in, carrying the water around refilling it, heat soak at low speed etc etc

360 to 400max

Well I have been thinking of bigger turbo . Mine already has a lot of upgrades but I just want it to be hitting 400+

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, macauleyp27 said:

360 to 400max
at close 400 they really can start struggle on hot day or heavily heat soaked car, bar & plate larger core solutions & ones with new scoop designs can handle closer to 500hp if have to but ideally want water injection to run with it so intake temps are kept very safe allowing push ignition mapping more .
Modern controlled water injection uses very little water so you would only fill up when filling fuel for example.
over 400hp then front mounts tend be best solution and cost to potential hp handling is way cheaper .
It not just about cutting/trimming, some people don't like loosing the design feature & function of the top mount & scoop or like fact car can be returned totally stock with simple nut, bolt, screw removal . Horses for coarses and personal choice within reason .

400+ is the middle point between the 2, tmic solutions can handle it if that way you want go, Lot of sti's run around the 380 to 420 on standard tmic but I would use water injection and thermal barriers with it or upgrade tmic core to keep thermal stress minimal & safety & tuning potential good .