project blue

aucky

so had nothing to do tonite,so decided to start playing with photoshop again,its not great as its been a while since i used it and using mouse it crap for it but my pen not supported in stupid windows 10 :huh: anyway thought i would have a play with the rear of my car and see were it ended up :unsure:rear ends.jpg

25 minutes ago, david1972 said:

I like the quad exit pipes

yeah me as well,i had a cobra with quad pipes on my other wrx hatch but looking to get the nividia Q300 this time,got a real nice sound but not 2 loud to drone.

1 minute ago, Beags said:

Interesting deleting lights. There is a good rear under exhaust areo part available.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

was just a idea,think it would look good and i am a plater welder so making the plates wouldnt be hard for me to do and i think would look much better then my photoshop experiment.

Goin to make some dummy plates up first paint them blue and see how it looks in real.if it looks good welder will be out will post picture when their done.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

looks good .. Welder!! Now that's a bold move

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Not really mate am an apprentice trained plater welder 30 year experiance [emoji6]

looks good .. Welder!! Now that's a bold move

Not really mate am an apprentice trained plater welder 30 year experiance [emoji6]

Oh nice, not questioning your welding ability mate just, more saying there is no turning back once you've welded it . How do you plan on filling the Void when you remove the lights I had mine out the other day for cleaning it's quite a big hole. 60b61e2518963119986b3e4fd6febb18.jpg

Will be makin a panel up weld in, smooth it,paint it.most car panels have some sort void behind them,but got gauges to do first then on with bit body work.

made a start on my gauge holder today,only got as far as the first rub down with it getting dark so early.up early tommora to crack on with it,sould have it finished,was hoping to do it all tommora but looks like the gauges wont be in till next week,3 days off work so can do them then instead off rushing,couple pics of the gauge holder :biggrin:

test fit.JPG

first bondo.JPG

first rub down.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Looking good I like that mod, I alway fancy doing this to mine , people used todo this to Astra vxrs many years ago when I had mine

what they like them vxr's are they reliable,bit diffrent but am thinking off getting a vxr people carryer as my daily then it can double up as a quick van as well :unsure:save the scooby for best.so finished my pod today,will need another rub down and paint in summer as its too cold to do it right now,froze my rear off today,but for now its in the car,off work wednesday so will get the gauges wired up and working then,but for now think it will pass, :cool:

4 first primer rub down.JPG

5 colour.JPG

6 gauges installed.JPG

7 in car.JPG

• Like 1

Looks really good fancy doing mine for me ;) lol how easy isit to remove the facia around the Stereo ? .. And Astra/ zaf vxrs are less reliable than 2.5 Scoobys great cars but gearboxes and sensors are made of chocolate and the corsa Is even worse their engines are made of chocolate lol

7 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Looks really good fancy doing mine for me ;) lol how easy isit to remove the facia around the stereo ? .. And Astra/ zaf vxrs are less reliable than 2.5 Scoobys great cars but gearboxes and sensors are made of chocolate and the corsa Is even worse their engines are made of chocolate lol

@kershaw-330s i will do some picture of how to get it off on wednesday when i wire gauges up as it has to come back off then,just hope its warmer then today. 

7 hours ago, Jay762 said:

top job - looks great!!

thanks @Jay762 :smile:

2 hours ago, Beags said:

Like it. Shame to loose to blowers o n cold mornings. If you put a single din unit in. Could you use thinner air ducks. Under it.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

@Beags i very rarelly use them vents,find car warms up quicker with it set on windscreen,then i just have it on feet n windscreen and leave it their.i bought a single din radio so the gauges would fit under radio but it turned out gauge holder is longer and wouldnt fit ,never thought about moving vent up,could be a idea i could look at doing :wink:.

The JDM aftermarket option puts them there as well - must admit I would be happy loosing the vents but hadn't thought about the single DIN idea and thin vent option

the Blitz guage option for £300!

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/33804

Hmm £300 think i may have to start making them lol

so today i fitted some LED side lights,much better now,not best picture but can see LED nice white light and old crappy dull orange on the other side.

3 side light comparison.JPG

while changing the side lights i had the air filter off,was going to spray the tube black or blue same as car as think it looks out place red,so when i removed it i found with it being stuck down in the wing it was dripping wet on the under side and also had been rubbing on body work and had some holes in it :huh:

1 old filter.jpg

2 old filter.jpg

so a quick trip to Halfords and a cheap £20 cone filter and bit modifying the old tube,think its much better now,also can not feel any diffrence in car with this £20 cone filter to when old £240 filter was on,also did the belt cover as well :cool:

4 new air filter.JPG

• Like 1