Impreza 1.5 poor mpg

THEROTHERHAMKID

Hello everyone 

Bought a Subaru 1.5r it's a 2007 great motor but bit unhappy with the mpg before I bought it I read some reviews and most said average is around 37mpg 

I'm getting no where near that and only getting 25mpg on the onboard reading surely it should be getting more than this? 

More is this about right ? 

Any help welcome please 

thanks in advance 

I have to 2.0 I got 30-32 average untill recently now I get 25-28 and that's driving like a full on Eco nut.  Wondering if I did something wrong with spark plugs or if it's just the colder weather 7c average when I'm driving lately 

how long have you had it? Not sure about the 1.5 but on mine if you as much as put a feather on the throttle it'll drop to 5-10mpg then cruise between 25-40mpg when you don't touch it lol. 

Would expect yours to be higher definately than mine

heavy car small engine, do you have to give it a bit of a kickin when driving around?  i get atleast 5mpg more when im in the flat south. hills up here cripple the fuel for me. 

what fuel do you use? try running some redex type stuff through see if it improves. im due putting something through might drop into Halfords tomorrow

Yes full Subaru service history done 60000 just had belt n water pump 

surely it should do more than 25mpg

i put Shell v power in when I filled it I only use Shell fuel usually 

I've just reset the mpg so will see what it does from now 

yes it's small engine but it's the new shape Subaru 

yeah still heavy 1800 kg ish I think 

according to parkers its 1310kg. little lighter than me, how do you find the interior? just developed a seriously annoying creek somwhere on the passenger side of the dash.  

i do it the old fashioned way and its usually 1-3under what the screen tells me.  are you on trip b? 

yeah its a pretty thin and weak coat.  thinking of looking into that carbon fibre wrap for the trims sometime. 

on the test drive i was told to use b for a more accurate count.    whats the milage on trip a? mine was showing 29mpg but over 8000miles so no matter how i drove the figure didnt alter.  trip b i reset each time i fill up so the mpg will go up and down more frequently.   

26 minutes ago, Jamie_uk said:

yeah its a pretty thin and weak coat.  thinking of looking into that carbon fibre wrap for the trims sometime. 

on the test drive i was told to use b for a more accurate count.    whats the milage on trip a? mine was showing 29mpg but over 8000miles so no matter how i drove the figure didnt alter.  trip b i reset each time i fill up so the mpg will go up and down more frequently.   

Ok thanks for the info

thats on trip a and it was on 26.4 mpg 

that's the max it's been @ 

ive reset it now so I'll see what happens and what it's at when I've covered some n  put it up here 

Ive got the 2.0 RX hatch and my trip A averages 27.4 and trip B well thats not even worth looking at its like low 20's until the miles rack up! 

Best I've ever done was 32.7 from weston super mare to cardiff areana driving like a granny! 

A good service and correct tire pressures go a long way! 

James 

11 hours ago, Scoobyghost said:

A lot depends on how you drive it. If I abuse the wife's punto I get it down to low 30mpg. It's average is 44mpg. If I granny it around it gets as much as 54mpg.

I have to abuse it a bit as it's slow🐌

Is there a induction type filter that would fit the 1.5 ? So I can here that boxer engine better? 

Cant seem to find any other than panel replacement 

yeah thats gonna be an issue, itll be drinking fuel if its getting abuse, im down to 20mpg and under if i kick it in a bit too often. 

havent heard a 1.5, think itll be the same size filter as the 2.0?  if you can tell me the size of yours ill go and check mine, i use a foam pipercross one.

also removed the bottle under the airbox. made it louder but it was slower at high revs so put it back on

power vs weight ratio - plus I think you have AWD still as well where as some of the earlier NA scoobs were 2WD.

gets some photos up from under the bonnet and we can see if it is the same setup as the 2.0. I believe you have equal length headers so you wont get the original burble like the classics blobs and bugs  

Eurocarparts says it will. But I have been screwed by them before. The intake looks completely different to me. Someone else could probably shed some light more than I can but if you measure yours I'll check mine no prob 

13 minutes ago, Jamie_uk said:

Eurocarparts says it will. But I have been screwed by them before. The intake looks completely different to me. Someone else could probably shed some light more than I can but if you measure yours I'll check mine no prob 

Ok cheers Jamie what am I measuring?