New member here

RS RA 77

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say hi and show off my new purchase.

I had some money to spend on a weekend/track car and found one that I fell in love with, and luckily the owner was interested in selling.

I am now the proud owner 0f a 1991 BC5 RS RA legacy, reasonably stock, needs some work on the exterior but drives really well and has had full engine rebuild about 30k ago!

TlVFjue.jpg

ttUNGVV.jpg

U47XWk5.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Will be starting a build thread once I get a few things sorted.

Its mostly going to be cosmetic stuff, repainting chips and a bit of minor panel work and general tidying up the engine bay.

These cars are hard to find info about.

From what I have researched they made about 20 RS type RA's a month to be eligible for the world rally. The engine is hand built by STI with hand ported heads, short ratio gearbox, with a quick rack steering (currently sitting in the boot as leaking and needs to get fixed).

This one has had the turbo changed from a VF8 to a TDO5 wtih a V4 WRX ECU. But looking to pick up an original turbo and putting the original ECU back in.

Keep an eye out for updates one the build starts.

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - as soon as you are ready why not start a specific project thread, I for one will be interested in following this motors changes

food for thought courtesy of Team Legacy UK?? :naughty:

team-legacy-03.JPG

and some build photos...

https://www.facebook.com/566060323431455/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1083164831720999

7 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - as soon as you are ready why not start a specific project thread, I for one will be interested in following this motors changes

food for thought courtesy of Team Legacy UK?? :naughty:

team-legacy-03.JPG

and some build photos...

https://www.facebook.com/566060323431455/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1083164831720999

That looks mean!! Would love to do that, but not to this car though. Will be trying to restore back to showroom/factory condition as I can. Then take out to targas and car shows.

• Like 1