Booked in for remap today :)

bree9482

So i have had my WRX for 3 months now...

So far l have replaced, wheels and tyres, rear bearing and a full service.  I have done other cosmetic mods but now l want poowwaaa.... lol

Its got full turbo back stanless(decat) system, K&N panel filter, Silicone Y pipe...

Im hoping for 270-280bhp,..

That sound realistic...?

Brendan

pic is how its looking so far :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sandals said:

Yeh that's realistic... have you upgraded the fuel pump as well?

No i have not...

The mapper said its not absolutely required at this stage, it would not hurt but not a deal breaker...

Brendan

13 minutes ago, bree9482 said:

No i have not...

The mapper said its not absolutely required at this stage, it would not hurt but not a deal breaker...

Brendan

I would recommend doing it, you will be maxing out the fuel pump. They are very straight forward to swap out, took me around an hour to do.

Who's mapping it?

12 minutes ago, Sandals said:

I would recommend doing it, you will be maxing out the fuel pump. They are very straight forward to swap out, took me around an hour to do.

Who's mapping it?

Dyna Tune in East Kilbride...

Heard and read nothing but good things...

Brendan

7 minutes ago, bree9482 said:

Dyna Tune in East Kilbride...

Heard and read nothing but good things...

Brendan

I was looking into the walbro and l think l will definetly get it done, however funds are a little tight and l know l should do the pump first, but from the research l have done l think it will be ok at this power and do the pump along with injectors in the new year...?

Brendan

as said 260 is about average result, beware of people telling you they can get X amount of power. you want it mapped to its safe potential, not mapped to its death.

What system are they using to map it? and if you dont mind saying how much they charging?

Just now, Scoobyghost said:

TD04 may get you to 280 at an absolute push but that is limit of the turbos ability. Most see 260-270

I would be fine with that also...

I would rather have safe boost rather than pushing to the absolute limit...

My absolute goal is 300bhp, but l know that is many mods later....

Brendan

I've got an 05 wrx, I'm still trying to find out if it's a ppp as it has prodrive exhaust and bits. I took it to be remapped. I was told it was at 250bhp and they got 285bhp out of it now. I haven't change the fuel pump and haven't noticed any starvation. Having said that, I wouldn't know if its been changed or not. I think 280 is very possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

as said 260 is about average result, beware of people telling you they can get X amount of power. you want it mapped to its safe potential, not mapped to its death.

What system are they using to map it? and if you dont mind saying how much they charging?

Dynapack DAQ5 chassis dynamometer, aka rolling road, the only hub dyno currently in commercial use in Scotland.

Thats from their website...

Its a hub Dyno, looks pretty cool, done the rolling road on all my previos cars...

These guys come with a great rep and they are round the corner from my new house..

I think its £240 all in...

Noooo,,,,, Stay well clear. at £240 it will only be a flash map. you don't want to be doing that to a scoob. i would expect a map to be minimum £350 + vat and thats based on no charge for dyno and not having to buy a license.

2 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Noooo,,,,, Stay well clear. at £240 it will only be a flash map. you don't want to be doing that to a scoob. i would expect a map to be minimum £350 + vat and thats based on no charge for dyno and not having to buy a license.

I think there is open source maps available that you do not need a licence for..?

This is my first scoob so its all a learning curve atm...

Brendan

Just now, Tidgy said:

Open source is an option, but anyone can just download the map and just map away.

Andy Forrest is who you want to be using up your way

Yeah i have read a lot about Andy Forrest, unfortunately he is booked for many months into the future lol

I have had a good look through their website and spoke with the owner, read lost of positive feedback from owners of various cars, i feel ok with it if i am being honest..

Brendan

8 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Good luck, you have been warned.

Making me nervous now...

I just spoke to him, it will be a live map on the road done using open source software...

There will be no dyno time as his is only 2wd, so ill will need to goto my local rolling road if l want a printout...

Brendan

8 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Has this place mapped Impreza's before?

Map it then dyno before you go burning around risking a lean AFR. Should only cost around £50.

Yes many times....

He just done an STI last week, i just had quite a long conversation with him there, he has lots of jap cars in, there is a 687bhp skyline video on his website...

I think im happy with it, Andy Forrest is a few months wait and everyone else will be of a similar nature

Brendan

7 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

Yer, flash remaps are BAD, wanna see a picture of my piston or what was left of it lol

Its a live map buddy...

The term flashing is just how the software is written to the memory on the ECU..?

Would all mapper not need to use this technique or am l missing something..?

Brendan