Booked in for remap today :)

bree9482

yeah I know lol, there are actual flash maps as opposed to flashing the ecu, ironically the place that did mine (prior to me owning it) was actually called "flash remapping" and it really was a generic map, load of tosh, even messed with the drive by wire map to make it "seem" quicker/snappier 

Flashing is the term used to describe a generic map that "worked" on one Impreza onto your car. Obviously that map isn't unique to your car and your injectors may function slightly different or you may use a different fuel so get more/less knock. Either way flashing a map on isn't wise.

1 minute ago, Piggysniffer said:

yeah I know lol, there are actual flash maps as opposed to flashing the ecu, ironically the place that did mine (prior to me owning it) was actually called "flash remapping" and it really was a generic map, load of tosh, even messed with the drive by wire map to make it "seem" quicker/snappier 

Thats not good dude....

I really dont know what my alternative would be..?

I have done as much checking on his rep and spoke to him at length, followed his FB page to see what is going through his buisness for a while now aswel...

Failing going to Andy F l dont see a better option as everyone else would be performing the same procedure...

If anyone can correct me and or provide personal experience with this garage, l would really appeciate it..

If anyone fanceies looking at his site here is the URL:

https://dynatune.co.uk/

Brendan

I would go with it mate, a road map is just as good if not better than an rr map I think, in hindsight I should have had a road map when I got mine done or at least have had the car finished off on the road after the rr, if the guy has got all the gear you should be fine I'm sure he should be wearing det cans for the map, so a good afr and no det and most of all good driveability is what your after

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

I would go with it mate, a road map is just as good if not better than an rr map I think, in hindsight I should have had a road map when I got mine done or at least have had the car finished off on the road after the rr, if the guy has got all the gear you should be fine I'm sure he should be wearing det cans for the map, so a good afr and no det and most of all good driveability is what your after

Thanks man...

I know where to go and what to use in the VW/Audi world, Subaru is a whole different world tho lol

Looking forward to it, will report back in a couple of weeks...

Brendan

If you can find out what software he's gonna be using to remap your newage someone might know if it's used to live map or flash a generic map on .

Looks like he deals with esl but that's only used on the classic ecu's . I think most newage oe ecu's tend to be remapped with ecutek software. Some mappers do use the term "flashing" when installing a "base map" which is then live mapped bespoke to your scoob .

Best of luck and let us know how you get on, bud

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can revive this and say that Dynatune are worth a shout for anyone in the Glasgow/Lanarkshire area. Was an open source live road map and I can say the car feels much better now. No issues with the car whatsoever after map. I will post when the map has been on the car for a while to update long term results. 

Yeah stuart it was chris good to know your a year down the line with no hassels. Its definitely worth it for the price I know that the licenced maps can do a bit more but the opensource map is perfect for my needs.