Panel filter

cbscooby

Im running K&N - comes oil free and did not oil it prior to fitting (only ever oiled my MX bike filters) but either K&N or Cosworth will see you right

That's a good idea before when I've had a K.n drop in it did come oiled this was over 5years ago tho , Also thought that a filter like k.n had to be oiled to work effectively??

Look on the scooby world site they have a wide selection . Of dry drop ins e.g hks, piper cross , cosworth and others

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

That's a good idea before when I've had a K.n drop in it did come oiled this was over 5years ago tho , Also thought that a filter like k.n had to be oiled to work effectively??

Look on the scooby world site they have a wide selection . Of dry drop ins e.g hks, piper cross , cosworth and others

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Might have to retract my statement there.... been doing a bit more digging ( http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2304) and they look like they are pre oiled - when I first bought K&N's they came with a little oil bottle which I never used now they dont. The filter itself certainly did not have the feel of any oil so I believe I was mistaken :bangin:

I ran a K&N on my STI and am now running one on my RX - no issues with oiled up MAF on either but obviously to avoid any risk at all go for one of the other suggested.

On 20/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, Phillip1993 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the k&n filter needs to be oiled to work right I used to have 1 in a different car and I bought the cleaning kit for it and the instructions sed you MUST re oil after cleaning

You are supposed to oil after cleaning however I never have as A) I never cleaned the filter :smile: B) the way I looked at it was I wasn't using the cars in unduly dusty conditions and any particles small enough to get through were not going to impact the performance hugely, particularly as I had not fitted an air oil separator so oil from the breather going through the pots was going to have a greater affect than the small dust particles.

• Like 1