Petition to raise the UK speed limit to 90MPH

Jay762

15 minutes ago, matt said:

think it would ever happen? i think 80 would be more acceptable but look at what the police would say - well people would do 90 then anway

Yeh, wasn't that the reason they dismissed an 80mph limit a year or two ago?

21 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Quite a few small motors would be screaming high up in the revs to maintain 80 too so you'd have a lot more !Removed! off beemer drivers trying to overtake Miss Marple in her 1.0 aygo.

Just because that is the limit doesn't mean you have to drive at it, think you will always get the 'sense of entitlement' lot who block the overtaking lane or sit on your bumper. A lot of comments I have seen so far all point to the 70mph limit being used as legislation to restrict people who cannot drive that fast safely any way.

Issue is you cannot legislate for individuals inability to drive safely at speed or behaviour once they are behind the wheel - threat of multiple points large fines and bans does not work as well as they would like (but does swell the Govt coffers), many still continue to drive whilst banned or over the legal drink / influence limits.

30 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Quite a few small motors would be screaming high up in the revs to maintain 80 too so you'd have a lot more !Removed! off beemer drivers trying to overtake Miss Marple in her 1.0 aygo.

yeah most the na subarus too 

1 minute ago, matt said:

yeah most the na subarus too 

You're not funny young man - and dont think I haven't noticed your change in profile tag :tongue:

3 minutes ago, matt said:

that would only leave 13 mph too between off to court ! so they would have to change that 

Would they? If they raised the limit to that degree, why not keep the court parameters and have them strictly enforced?

Must admit though having experienced the Autobahn in Germany I like that approach but lane discipline and your outside lane hoggers would have to be addressed

Just now, mattiekane said:

I think the issue may lay with lorries still been limited to 55-60mph

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

That has never been popular though I know people in the logistics sector who complained of overtaking issues (picture two elephants) and a lot of the restrictions impacting power which made pulling out from junctions a major issue - dont know if that is so much of an issue with modern trucks - didn't that come about though again through accidents with lorries plowing into cars and failures of trucks and trailers at speed causing issues - so potentially again it is legislation impacting speed trying to address not paying attention and the roadworthyness of vehicles and more so trailers?

3 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

(By snipers on ever other bridge?!?!?! 😁)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Now there is a job creation initiative if ever I saw one

• Like 1

Should be fast lane 80, middle 70. Thats would make sense as youd need go over 70 to overtake a hogger at 65/70 anyway.

After all the years ive driven up down, never seen anyone drive 70 on the outside fast lane - unless raddies/po-pos/five-o's - are crawling in the traffic.

█ W █ R █ X █

Id love to see if.my car would do over 70

Ive never been on a track so unsure ...

Fingers crossed the limit goes up so id be able to find out

Makes me laff.could be the most serious thread ever and u can always count on me you or matt to take the **** in some way lol

• Like 1