14 hours ago, stuartie said:

I fitted a brand new walbro 255 a few weeks ago and i'm really disappointed with it tbh honest, the same day i fitted it went for a bit of a blast maybe 40mile or so and it started to whine, so thought to myself it may just need to bed in but now its all the time so bad that you have to either turn the music up just to drown it out or turn the car off to shut it up and if the motor is running and you get out its even louder so feck knows what people think when they walk past, personally for me now i should have bought the rcm pump (as a few folks on here said i should get) its a little more pricey but the reviews were better, just a little food for thought matey ☺

I know of at least 3 RCM that have failed.

not to mention,

340lphswrdfuelpump2.jpg

http://tdracing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pump1-e1446316209905.png

Ok been doing a bit of research. Is a upgraded fuel pump really necessary on a stock turbo and injectors and then mapping it? I'm assuming that when I go to map, we'll lean the AF ratio out. I've got a Sard FPR on already and I'm peaking at around 5bar on that. Obviously if I went to a bigger turbo, then possibly the injectors would need swapped as well to feed more fuel, but the pump can only feed as much as the injectors can spray out, so would a faster feeding pump really be necessary with stock injectors and turbo that can't take all that fuel being pumped? Car is a hawk STi by the way for those that can't remember.

the fuel pump will obviosuly not increase power... but it will ensure that your getting the correct ammount of fuel when you need... the old pump becomes weak with time and cant keep up with the requirements of the engine when your upgrading and modding... it's an insurance policy so to speak

7 hours ago, Hudson said:

the fuel pump will obviosuly not increase power... but it will ensure that your getting the correct ammount of fuel when you need... the old pump becomes weak with time and cant keep up with the requirements of the engine when your upgrading and modding... it's an insurance policy so to speak

Fair enough, like I said, when I've read into it, it doesn't look like you actually NEED to do it. Mind those threads we're back from 2007 or so haha, but yeah.